    I am considering the LG 7000 phone that takes photos and movies but cannot
    get any info about getting them out of the phone into my PC.

    Thank you.

    its_my_dime, Jan 4, 2005

  2. its_my_dime

    Brian Guest

    "its_my_dime" < (hold the spam)> schrieb im
    Newsbeitrag news:35zCd.38923$...
    > How do I download my photos/movies from a cell phone to a PC?
    >
    > I am considering the LG 7000 phone that takes photos and movies but cannot
    > get any info about getting them out of the phone into my PC.
    >
    > Thank you.

    1. some sort of transfer interface (physical (cable) or non physical (i.e
    infra red)) (depends what your phone and or pc can)
    2. software

    Brian, Jan 4, 2005

  3. its_my_dime

    Guest

    On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 16:01:03 GMT, "its_my_dime"
    < (hold the spam)> wrote:

    |> How do I download my photos/movies from a cell phone to a PC?
    |>
    |> I am considering the LG 7000 phone that takes photos and movies but cannot
    |> get any info about getting them out of the phone into my PC.

    I think your screw'd looking at the stats for that phone, you will have
    to e-mail your stuff to yourself.

    Get a phone with Bluetooth or a removable memory card and a card reader.

    --
    http://www.architectureforhumanity.org/2004_Indonesia_Tsunami.gif

    , Jan 4, 2005
  4. its_my_dime

    its_my_dime Guest

    Many Thanks. If I go with Verizon (as with any company) , I have a
    restricted choice of phones. Some give a no cost email picture option; this
    one, which is one of their most expensive phones, perversely does not.

    Probably the best idea is to save some money and go for a non picture phone
    this round. In 2 years, the technology will, I'm sure, have changed again.

    its_my_dime, Jan 4, 2005
  5. its_my_dime

    Guest

    On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 19:57:49 GMT, "its_my_dime"
    < (hold the spam)> wrote:

    |> Many Thanks. If I go with Verizon (as with any company) , I have a
    |> restricted choice of phones. Some give a no cost email picture option; this
    |> one, which is one of their most expensive phones, perversely does not.
    |>
    |> Probably the best idea is to save some money and go for a non picture phone
    |> this round. In 2 years, the technology will, I'm sure, have changed again.

    In two years phones might come with sirens to give warning your about to
    take a picture.

    It's possible to get phone and unlock it to use on any network.
    http://www.unlockme.co.uk/unlockme.html

    You need one that uses sim cards
    http://www.mobileworld.org/sim_cards/ukvoda1r.jpg

    Purchase just the sim card and insert it into your unlock'd phone.

    you also need to be sure that the phone uses the same protocol your
    provider uses (CDMA, GPRS..)

    And if you want pictures that will look any where decent on your PC make
    sure your phone uses the VGA standard.

    |> <> wrote in message

    |> > cannot
    |> > |>

    |> > I think your screw'd looking at the stats for that phone, you will have
    |> > to e-mail your stuff to yourself.
    |> >
    |> > Get a phone with Bluetooth or a removable memory card and a card reader.
    |> >

    |> > --
    |> > http://www.architectureforhumanity.org/2004_Indonesia_Tsunami.gif

    --
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4144405.stm