    safest & well known sites to use? I really don't know about p2p sites as
    the chances of picking up a virus would be profoundly more probable than
    paid for downloading or am I wrong?
    Susie, Dec 27, 2005

  2. Susie

    S Roby Guest

    In article <URgsf.10831$>, "Susie" <> wrote:
    >Ok people I know there are tons of sites to download music but which are the
    >safest & well known sites to use? I really don't know about p2p sites as
    >the chances of picking up a virus would be profoundly more probable than
    >paid for downloading or am I wrong?

    lack of knowledge + illegal P2P download = risky??

    Make sure that your AV software is up to date & running(check the actual virus
    sig date)
    Scan the mp3's defore opening
    Avoid Kazza

    Amazon has alot of free/legal downloads
    Your are wasting you time unless you have broadband/ADSL etc
    S Roby, Dec 28, 2005

  3. At that very moment, Susie turned to nz.comp and said
    > Ok people I know there are tons of sites to download music but which are the
    > safest & well known sites to use? I really don't know about p2p sites as

    Are you paying attention? The sites I listed ARE paid sites, not P2P.

    There are not many others (if any) for New Zealanders to use. We cannot
    use iTunes, or most of the other famous ones (possibly with some
    trickery).

    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    For every expert, there is an equal and
    Aaron Lawrence, Dec 28, 2005
  4. Susie

    Susie Guest

    Thanks so much for that really helpful coment Aaron. I just thought there
    were more than 2 sites available. I did check out the coke 1 but when I
    went to fill out the credit card details I noticed that the little gold
    padlock was not showing so diddn't continue also I found searching for
    artists rather unimpressive. Drew a blank with Westlife & boyzone (mum
    likes their songs). Couldn't get onto the other site yet but am still
    trying.
    Thanks so far
    Susie, Dec 28, 2005