    Any thoughts on, or what to check, etc. would be most appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Bob
    Robert11, Nov 26, 2004

  2. Robert11

    Emrys Davies Guest

    "Robert11",

    You are probably confusing memory with System Resources.

    http://onlinehelp.bc.ca/tips.htm#resources

    Try downloading after you have closed down all programs (except Systray
    and Explorer)running in the background, including screensaver and
    msconfig startup.

    If you check your resource meter before and after you have done the
    latter you will see how much you have gained in resources and that
    little extra will hopefully solve your problem.

    I have my resource meter in the Systray. I appreciate that it also uses
    resources, but it is an excellent tool to have in your view.

    See below site re- resources.

    http://www.computerbits.com/archive/2000/0800/resourcemeter.html

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.

    "Robert11" <> wrote in message
    > Hello:
    >
    > My son is running XP, and has encountered the following problem:
    >
    > Whenever he tries to Download updates from the new Microsoft Money

    2005
    > program, he gets a message
    > that they can't do it as he needs 100MB which the message says he does

    not

    Emrys Davies, Nov 26, 2004

  3. Robert11

    ImhoTech Guest

    "Emrys Davies" <> wrote in message
    > "Robert11",
    >
    > You are probably confusing memory with System Resources.
    >

    > "Robert11" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> My son is running XP, and has encountered the following problem:

    The post said "XP" Einstein.
    ImhoTech, Nov 26, 2004