Download movies?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Big Planet Newsgroups, Jan 3, 2004.

  1. Besides Kazza,,, where can we download movies ? ? ?

    Big Planet Newsgroups, Jan 3, 2004

  2. Big Planet Newsgroups

    Justin Guest

    www.amazon.com

    Justin, Jan 3, 2004

  3. Big Planet Newsgroups

    Biz Guest

    Any reputable on-line retailer. You "upload" your CC info, and they will
    "download" all the movies you want to your mailbox a few days later. Of
    course almost every other way of downloading commercial movies without
    paying is illegal.

    Biz, Jan 3, 2004
  4. check the binary groups, tons of movies available. there is a bit of a
    learning curve to DL'ing and burning them.
    Get Xnews and SmartPar as a start...
    www.dvdhelp.com

    henry_krinkle, Jan 3, 2004
  5. Big Planet Newsgroups

    Richard C. Guest

    WWW.AMAZON.COM

    Downloads them right to your front door. And it is legal.

    =============
    : Besides Kazza,,, where can we download movies ? ? ?
    :
    :

    Richard C., Jan 3, 2004
  6. Big Planet Newsgroups

    Justin Guest

    henry_krinkle wrote on [Sat, 03 Jan 2004 03:02:28 GMT]:
    > check the binary groups, tons of movies available. there is a bit of a
    > learning curve to DL'ing and burning them.
    > Get Xnews and SmartPar as a start...
    > www.dvdhelp.com

    Or you could not put the added moronic load that binaries put onto a
    text method of transferring information

    Justin, Jan 3, 2004
  7. How does this "load" adversly affect you? If it does not why do you consider
    it "moronic"? If binaries are not "supopose" to be in Usenet... why are the
    groups carried? Please point me to the area where is states binaries are not
    allowed in usenet.

    You can complain all you want that Usenet was _always_ ment to be for the
    transfer of text and not binaries converted to text and _never_ for anything
    else but in the end your placing yourself in a _very_ small box.

    From what I recall Usenet requires the use of valid return email addresses
    as well (RFC 1036 ) yet now most people smudge their addresses. Times
    change.

    Todd Copeland, Jan 3, 2004
  8. Big Planet Newsgroups

    Justin Guest

    Todd Copeland wrote on [Sat, 03 Jan 2004 06:06:03 GMT]:
    > How does this "load" adversly affect you?

    Taking up HUGE amounts of disk space on servers, making retention of
    text messages rather short.

    > If it does not why do you consider
    > it "moronic"?

    It takes a lot more space to store a binary file in text format than in
    binary. There are much more efficient ways of doing it.

    Plus, every message gets copied to every USENET server, whether it is
    accessed or not.

    There are much more efficient ways of doing it

    Justin, Jan 3, 2004
  9. "Todd Copeland" <> wrote in message
    > How does this "load" adversly affect you? If it does not why do you

    consider
    > it "moronic"? If binaries are not "supopose" to be in Usenet... why are

    the
    > groups carried? Please point me to the area where is states binaries are

    not
    > allowed in usenet.
    >
    > You can complain all you want that Usenet was _always_ ment to be for the
    > transfer of text and not binaries converted to text and _never_ for

    anything
    > else but in the end your placing yourself in a _very_ small box.

    I hope there is room for me in this _very_ small box because I agree with
    Justin that USENET is not the appropriate medium for exchanging binary data.

    > From what I recall Usenet requires the use of valid return email addresses
    > as well (RFC 1036 ) yet now most people smudge their addresses. Times
    > change.

    Not here they don't.

    Stephen Clark, Jan 3, 2004
  10. Big Planet Newsgroups

    Louis Guest

    Well, from what I've heard on the piracy grapevine, winmx and mIRC are good
    sources (not that I'd use them).

    Louis, Jan 4, 2004
  11. Big Planet Newsgroups

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 00:04:46 GMT, "Louis" <>
    Gave us:

    >Well, from what I've heard on the piracy grapevine, winmx and mIRC are good
    >sources (not that I'd use them).

    So. We have gone from jpegs streaming into and out of BBSes to
    video snippets and full vcds of porn, to CD audio, to now bullshit
    renditions of freshly released movies, and copied disc "images" of
    already released works zig zagging all over Usenet servers and IRC
    links. Oh boy.

    All taking up an order of magnitude more space, AND bandwidth than
    the previous.

    Can you thieving bastards be any MORE retarded?

    DarkMatter, Jan 4, 2004
  12. Big Planet Newsgroups

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <>,
    "Big Planet Newsgroups" <> wrote:

    > Besides Kazza,,, where can we download movies ? ? ?

    Your nearest Best Buy or Circuit City retailer. When you enter the DVD
    section of the store, you'll see nice brand new copies in shrink wrap of
    all your favorite films! Pick which movies you want to "download" and
    take them to the checkout counter. Give the clerk your cash or credit
    card and he/she will "download" the movie into a nice plastic baggie for
    you. Take it home, open it up, stick it in your DVD player and it'll
    "upload" the movie to your tv set for you.

    Hope this helps.
    --
    BL

    Black Locust, Jan 4, 2004
  13. "Big Planet Newsgroups" <> wrote in message
    > Besides Kazza,,, where can we download movies ? ? ?

    The replies in this thread are just as predictable as the question.

    The Unnaturalist.

    The Unnaturalist, Jan 4, 2004
  14. Big Planet Newsgroups

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 21:05:27 +0000 (UTC), "The Unnaturalist"
    <> Gave us:

    >"Big Planet Newsgroups" <> wrote in message
    >> Besides Kazza,,, where can we download movies ? ? ?

    >The replies in this thread are just as predictable as the question.
    >
    >The Unnaturalist.

    And your posted "assessments" are just as lame as they ever were.

    DarkMatter, Jan 4, 2004