    I do get my emails but none in the newsgroups.
    Thank-you for any help that you can give.
    Kathy
    catherine maclean, Apr 18, 2004

  2. catherine maclean

    Bryan Guest

    catherine maclean wrote:
    > Can anyone help me.
    >
    > I cannot seem to get any downloaded messages in the newsgroup,it was
    > working fine up to about 9 am then that was the last message that I
    > got I have tried everything.
    > I do get my emails but none in the newsgroups.
    > Thank-you for any help that you can give.
    > Kathy

    Ntl's having their problems today, with the News servers!
    (After all, it *is* Sunday!)
    :)
    Bryan, Apr 18, 2004

  3. catherine maclean

    kathy Guest

    Thank-you Bryan :) I never thought of that one.

    Kathy
    kathy, Apr 18, 2004
  4. catherine maclean

    Bryan Guest

    kathy wrote:
    > Thank-you Bryan :) I never thought of that one.
    >
    > Kathy

    You're welcome!
    :)
    Bryan, Apr 18, 2004
  5. catherine maclean

    Ionizer Guest

    Ionizer, Apr 18, 2004
  6. On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 12:05:15 +0100, Bryan wrote:

    > catherine maclean wrote:
    >> Can anyone help me.
    >>
    >> I cannot seem to get any downloaded messages in the newsgroup,it was
    >> working fine up to about 9 am then that was the last message that I
    >> got I have tried everything.
    >> I do get my emails but none in the newsgroups.
    >> Thank-you for any help that you can give.
    >> Kathy

    > Ntl's having their problems today, with the News servers!
    > (After all, it *is* Sunday!)
    > :)

    NTHell's always having problems with it's Sinclair-ZX81 based
    news-servers, suggest you both find a more reliable alternative.

    --
    Michael Turner
    Email (ROT13)
    michael turner, Apr 18, 2004
  7. catherine maclean

    Bryan Guest

    michael turner wrote:
    > On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 12:05:15 +0100, Bryan wrote:
    >
    >> catherine maclean wrote:
    >>> Can anyone help me.
    >>>
    >>> I cannot seem to get any downloaded messages in the newsgroup,it
    >>> was working fine up to about 9 am then that was the last message
    >>> that I got I have tried everything.
    >>> I do get my emails but none in the newsgroups.
    >>> Thank-you for any help that you can give.
    >>> Kathy

    >> Ntl's having their problems today, with the News servers!
    >> (After all, it *is* Sunday!)
    >> :)

    > NTHell's always having problems with it's Sinclair-ZX81 based
    > news-servers, suggest you both find a more reliable alternative.

    Thanks for your info.
    (*I* don't need it ... but thanks!)
    Bryan, Apr 18, 2004
  8. catherine maclean

    Boomer Guest

    "kathy" <> wrote in news:9ptgc.660$mE.659@newsfe1-win:

    > Thank-you Bryan :) I never thought of that one.
    >
    > Kathy

    Kathy/Catherine

    'http://www.nospam.com/' is a valid domain. Please do not use a valid
    domain in your address unless you have that domains permission to do
    so.

    ~ Munging ~
    http://www.ecofuture.org/jmnews.html#hide

    If you use Outlook Express go to...
    Tools> Accounts...> News tab> Properties button> General tab.
    Under "User Information" change the "Name", "E-mail address"
    and "Reply address" fields.

    Example: lid

    Verify that it is Not a valid domain here:
    http://www.canufly.net/~georgegg/dns/

    ~ Spambots ~
    http://www.sendfakemail.com/fakemail/botbait/makebait.asp

    ~ Harvesting ~
    http://www.private.org.il/harvest.html
    http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~gcaselton/spam/harvesting.html

    ~Safe Hex ~
    http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/articles/safehex.html
    http://www.claymania.com/safe-hex.html

    Freeware programs:
    SpamPal for Windows http://www.spampal.org/
    FrontGateMX http://www.presorium.com/index.shtml

    Unpatched IE security holes
    http://pivx.com/larholm/unpatched/

    Protecting Your Privacy & Security
    http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~ehowes/main-nf.htm
    Boomer, Apr 18, 2004
  9. catherine maclean

    kathy Guest

    Please I do not understand what you are telling me? do you mean my address
    that I am using (I cannot)?

    Please advise me on this thank-you.
    kathy, Apr 18, 2004
  10. catherine maclean

    Boomer Guest

    "kathy" <> wrote in

    > Please I do not understand what you are telling me? do you mean my
    > address that I am using (I cannot)?
    >
    > Please advise me on this thank-you.

    Hi Kathy :)

    "nospam.com" is a valid domain. You shouldn't use it unless they give
    you permission. All spam, meant for you, goes to them!

    Please read the links I posted and will post again here. :)

    Use something like

    "nonospamwanted.com" is not a valid domian. It is not owned by anyone.

    You can also use other ways of spam proofing your address by
    suggestions in the links below.

    HTH

    Boomer, Apr 18, 2004
  11. catherine maclean

    kathy Guest

    Thank-you for the quick reply ,now I know what you mean and I have now
    changed my address (I think) :)

    Kathy
    kathy, Apr 18, 2004
  12. catherine maclean

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "kathy" <> wrote in message
    > Thank-you for the quick reply ,now I know what you mean and I have now
    > changed my address (I think) :)
    >
    > Kathy

    "ANYWHERE.COM" is not quite what Boomer had in mind. Someone someday might
    want to USE that domain name, then they would find they are getting all this
    spam. Try "Kathy_at_ntlworld.invalid" instead. It prevents bots from seeing
    the @, and since "invalid" is an invalid designation, spam could never get
    there anyway. But any users who needed to e-mail you directly would know how
    to fix the e-mail address.

    Outlook Express (and probably other programs) will tell you that it is an
    invalid email address...but tell the program it's okay to use it anyway.

    Toolman
    Toolman Tim, Apr 18, 2004
  13. catherine maclean

    Boomer Guest

    "kathy" <> wrote in

    > Thank-you for the quick reply ,now I know what you mean and I have
    > now changed my address (I think) :)
    >
    > Kathy

    Hi

    'anywhere.com' IS a Valid domain. Owned by....

    Registrant:
    Realtime Anywhere (ANYWHERE-DOM)
    24 Willifield Way
    London nw11 7xt
    UK

    Please check here, as I've mentioned twice before, to see if the name
    is a valid domain.

    http://www.canufly.net/~georgegg/dns/

    Thanks
    Boomer, Apr 18, 2004
  14. catherine maclean

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > "kathy" <> wrote in
    >
    > > Thank-you for the quick reply ,now I know what you mean and I have
    > > now changed my address (I think) :)
    > >
    > > Kathy

    > Hi
    >
    > 'anywhere.com' IS a Valid domain. Owned by....
    >
    > Registrant:
    > Realtime Anywhere (ANYWHERE-DOM)
    > 24 Willifield Way
    > London nw11 7xt
    > UK
    >
    > Please check here, as I've mentioned twice before, to see if the name
    > is a valid domain.
    >
    > http://www.canufly.net/~georgegg/dns/
    >
    > Thanks

    (whew! I think I'll stop for lunch!)
    Toolman Tim, Apr 18, 2004
  15. catherine maclean

    Boomer Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <tmayer541_at_charter.invalid> wrote in

    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >> "kathy" <> wrote in
    >>
    >> > Thank-you for the quick reply ,now I know what you mean and I
    >> > have now changed my address (I think) :)
    >> >
    >> > Kathy

    >> Hi
    >>
    >> 'anywhere.com' IS a Valid domain. Owned by....
    >>
    >> Registrant:
    >> Realtime Anywhere (ANYWHERE-DOM)
    >> 24 Willifield Way
    >> London nw11 7xt
    >> UK
    >>
    >> Please check here, as I've mentioned twice before, to see if the
    >> name is a valid domain.
    >>
    >> http://www.canufly.net/~georgegg/dns/
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>

    > (whew! I think I'll stop for lunch!)