    freshdownload or one designed for Mozilla. The reason is that I want the
    ability to "resume downloads" for servers that support that feature. Any
    ideas?

    John Toliver, Jan 8, 2004

  2. *** "John Toliver" <> escribió/wrote (08 ene 2004):
    > I have just started using mozilla and I am impressed with it completely.
    > Much better and functional than IE, anyway, I'm looking for a way to
    > incorporate either my download manager which is a software called
    > freshdownload or one designed for Mozilla. The reason is that I want the
    > ability to "resume downloads" for servers that support that feature. Any
    > ideas?

    There's an extension called mozex that allows you to configure external
    programs to use from Mozilla. Give it a try:

    http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/

    There're also some other extensions for downloads, I believe.

    --
    -+ Álvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain - ICQ 46788716
    +- http://www.demogracia.com (la web de humor para mayores de 100 años)

    Alvaro G. Vicario, Jan 8, 2004

  3. John Toliver

    SoMgI Guest

    John Toliver, escribió en el mensaje,
    <>, Thu, 8 Jan 2004 12:39:18 -0500
    > hello all,
    >
    > I have just started using mozilla and I am impressed with it completely.
    > Much better and functional than IE, anyway, I'm looking for a way to
    > incorporate either my download manager which is a software called
    > freshdownload or one designed for Mozilla. The reason is that I want the
    > ability to "resume downloads" for servers that support that feature. Any
    > ideas?

    Open Freshdownload and click options-integration and put a tick in the
    "intergrate into mozilla" box

    SoMgI, Jan 8, 2004
  4. John Toliver

    John Toliver Guest

    Thanks, mozex looks good and you can also do it in freshdownload. I am a
    newbie to non microsoft stuff for the most part and I installed Linux on my
    machine once. (didn't no what to do with it though),this seems to have a
    taste of some kind of linux in it. Any thoughts?

    John Toliver, Jan 9, 2004
  5. John Toliver

    Brian Guest

    John Toliver wrote:

    > I'm looking for a way to incorporate either my download manager
    > which is a software called freshdownload or one designed for
    > Mozilla. The reason is that I want the ability to "resume
    > downloads" for servers that support that feature.

    At the risk of stating the obvious, you know that Mozilla has a dl
    manager, right?

    --
    Brian
    follow the directions in my address to email me

    Brian, Jan 9, 2004
  6. John Toliver

    John Toliver Guest

    yes I know thanks. I wanted to get the reume download feature. I'm not one
    of the special people blessed with a high speed connection so I have to wait
    a while when I'm online.
    "Brian" <-remove-this-part> wrote in
    message news:kHzLb.6507$5V2.10343@attbi_s53...

    John Toliver, Jan 10, 2004
  7. John Toliver

    Derald Guest

    "John Toliver" <> wrote:

    >I'm looking for a way to
    >incorporate either my download manager which is a software called
    >freshdownload or one designed for Mozilla. The reason is that I want the
    >ability to "resume downloads" for servers that support that feature. Any
    >ideas?

    I guess I don't understand the issue. While I'm not an evangelist
    because its publisher is a major spamologist (at least Fresh Devices
    _does_ allow victims to opt out of the "updates" list after
    registering), I use Fresh Device's "Fresh Download" v6.20 with Mozilla
    v1.5. It is provided with a Mozilla plugin for so-called
    "click-monitoring" or auto-enqueing. V6.2 resumes downloads regardless
    of whether called by the plugin or run as a standalone app, it offers
    scheduled downloading and (within limits) "categorizes" downloads. What
    else are you looking for? I have discovered FD to be a little cavalier
    about file types and am not exactly sure that it actually starts my
    virus scanner after downloads. I have dismal success with others of the
    current crop of freeware download managers such as leechget and star
    downloader; the shareware "Getright" works well but if unregistered
    becomes big-time nagware.
    --
    HTH,
    Derald Martin

    Derald, Jan 10, 2004
  8. John Toliver

    John Toliver Guest

    Hi Guys, I didn't realize until I started some heavy downloading with
    Mozilla that it has a very simple pause resume function built in to the
    browser. it opens up a new window for each download with an option to pause
    and resume however if it causes an error and needs to shut down your
    download is lost. It's still a good bet to use freshdownload to handle
    download management.

    John Toliver, Jan 13, 2004
  9. John Toliver

    Kelakhai Guest

    What ?
    Anyone callin' this a download manager's also called a liar.

    That's a joke, right ?

    message de news:kHzLb.6507$5V2.10343@attbi_s53...

    Kelakhai, Feb 19, 2004
  10. Try to use Internet Download Manager, it is my default download
    manager for Mozilla. It can fully replace the default DM and gives you
    far more dunctionality. The latest beta version can integrate even in
    Firefox and handle all downloads. Get it from developers web site:

    http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/beta/v400b/trial/idman40b.exe

    Dave Thompson, Feb 20, 2004