    be replaced with one of the freeware downloaders that allows you to
    resume.
    Thanks for any help

    MrMagoo, Feb 22, 2006

  2. MrMagoo

    t4000 Guest

    MrMagoo <> hat geschrieben:
    > Windows XP Pro SP2
    > I'm havin a really hard time staying connect to my ISP and am
    > finding that it is next to impossible to download anything that is any
    > size at all.I need to know if the download manager that is on XP can
    > be replaced with one of the freeware downloaders that allows you to
    > resume.
    > Thanks for any help

    with FreshDownload for example

    t4000, Feb 22, 2006

  3. MrMagoo

    Trax Guest

    MrMagoo <> wrote:

    |>Windows XP Pro SP2
    |> I'm havin a really hard time staying connect to my ISP and am
    |>finding that it is next to impossible to download anything that is any
    |>size at all.I need to know if the download manager that is on XP can
    |>be replaced with one of the freeware downloaders that allows you to
    |>resume.

    Opera Browser (www.opera.com) has a built in download manager; FireFox
    should have the same as a plug in.

    Not free but one of the better download managers is GetRight
    http://www.getright.com/ - Beware of the free download managers they
    come packed with spyware (DAP, Download Accelerator Plus comes to
    mind).

    Most managers have a "Keep alive" option, it pings the connection
    every now and again to let it know your still there keeping you
    connected.

    --
    pedestrian meets destiny
    http://homepage1.seed.net.tw/web@5/wychomepage/mygod.gif

    Trax, Feb 22, 2006
  4. On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 07:41:53 -0800, Trax wrote:

    > MrMagoo <> wrote:
    >
    > |>Windows XP Pro SP2
    > |> I'm havin a really hard time staying connect to my ISP and am
    > |>finding that it is next to impossible to download anything that is any
    > |>size at all.I need to know if the download manager that is on XP can
    > |>be replaced with one of the freeware downloaders that allows you to
    > |>resume.
    >
    > Opera Browser (www.opera.com) has a built in download manager; FireFox
    > should have the same as a plug in.

    FF: you don't even need an extension.

    > Not free but one of the better download managers is GetRight
    > http://www.getright.com/ - Beware of the free download managers they
    > come packed with spyware (DAP, Download Accelerator Plus comes to
    > mind).

    Seems like I used Smart Download, back in the Windows Decade. ;)

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 22, 2006
  5. MrMagoo

    Plato Guest

    MrMagoo wrote:

    > Windows XP Pro SP2
    > I'm havin a really hard time staying connect to my ISP and am
    > finding that it is next to impossible to download anything that is any
    > size at all.I need to know if the download manager that is on XP can
    > be replaced with one of the freeware downloaders that allows you to
    > resume.

    http://www.bootdisk.com/utility.htm

    got 2 download managers on the page above, under Download Managers

    Plato, Feb 23, 2006