    it has Spyware. If true, could you recommend a Download manager? Thanks.

    Phil B.

    --
    Phil, May 5, 2005

  2. Phil

    Guest

    On Thu, 05 May 2005 00:59:23 GMT, "Phil" <PRB14-WN@(spamnono).invalid>
    wrote:

    |>I am using Netscape Smart Download as my Download Manager. Have heard that
    |>it has Spyware. If true, could you recommend a Download manager? Thanks.

    You might be wrong about the spyware, but Fresh Download got rave
    reviews here recently :)

    http://www.freshdevices.com/

    --
    , May 5, 2005

  3. Phil wrote:

    > I am using Netscape Smart Download as my Download Manager. Have heard that
    > it has Spyware. If true, could you recommend a Download manager? Thanks.

    Cite on the spyware content, please.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, May 5, 2005
  4. Phil

    Phil Guest

    Goes back to July 200. Gibson Research and Langa List :
    Scroll down to #4

    http://www.langa.com/newsletters/2000/2000-07-17.htm#3

    If I am basing it on old info and it has been corrected I would like to
    be aware of it. Thanks.

    Phil .

    Phil, May 5, 2005
  5. Phil wrote:

    > Goes back to July 200. Gibson Research and Langa List :
    > Scroll down to #4

    > http://www.langa.com/newsletters/2000/2000-07-17.htm#3

    > If I am basing it on old info and it has been corrected I would like to
    > be aware of it. Thanks.

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> Phil wrote:

    >>> I am using Netscape Smart Download as my Download Manager. Have heard
    >>> that
    >>> it has Spyware. If true, could you recommend a Download manager?
    >>> Thanks.

    >> Cite on the spyware content, please.

    I remember some grumbling back then (I used to keep in touch with the
    GRC forums), but I think that went away nearly that long ago, as well.
    It *is* five-year-old news, after all.

    Anyone else got more on this?

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, May 6, 2005
  6. Phil

    Guest

    On 6 May 2005 02:35:21 GMT, Blinky the Shark <>
    wrote:

    cut and pasted for readability

    |>> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    |>Phil wrote:
    |>
    |>> Goes back to July 200. Gibson Research and Langa List :
    |>> Scroll down to #4
    |>
    |>> http://www.langa.com/newsletters/2000/2000-07-17.htm#3
    |>
    |>> If I am basing it on old info and it has been corrected I would like to
    |>> be aware of it. Thanks.

    |>I remember some grumbling back then (I used to keep in touch with the
    |>GRC forums), but I think that went away nearly that long ago, as well.
    |>It *is* five-year-old news, after all.
    |>
    |>Anyone else got more on this?

    Before I posted, I read the TOS at netscape and it look'd good, but
    it's got bad karma with GRC and this lawsuit:

    The software was available on Netscape's web site as well as from
    other free download sites. On Netscape's site, the link to the
    browsewrap terms was not visible in the first window view, but only
    visible if the user scrolled down the screen further. On non-Netscape
    sites, the Smart Download software could be obtained with any links to
    the browsewrap contract terms whatsoever. Netscape's site did not
    require users to click the browsewrap link. It merely stated, "Please
    review and agree to the terms of the Netscape Smart Download software
    license agreement before downloading and using the software.
    http://www.murdoch.edu.au/elaw/issues/v9n3/kunkel93nf.html
    <typo with = without ?>

    All the above is old news, but once bit twice shy, just ask Michael
    Burford of Getright who screw'd us the same way once and now has to
    plead his case. http://www.getright.com/statement.html

    --
    , May 6, 2005
  7. Phil

    chuck Guest

    install hijackthis 3 sticks of dynamite its a great program just
    tpye in hijackthis....install n do a scan,,its all there 4 u
    chuck, May 8, 2005