    manager, just wondering if it can be added to the firefox one easily.
    I also haven't upgraded Firefox in a while so has this been added
    since 1.0 preview release? Thanks!!

    OIE, Apr 30, 2005

  2. OIE

    mike555 Guest

    Re: Download Manager: Queueing Files?

    === there is an extension ( Iget )that lets you put download addresses
    into the manager , but as far as I know there is no way to have them
    download later , you should update Firefox to the newest version , for
    security reasons ====

    mike555, Apr 30, 2005

  3. OIE

    Barney Guest

    OIE <> had writtennews:ubt5715ehfmgpshld5a1nhhc6f9dpk3o1p@
    4ax.com:

    > Seems kind of silly to even have a download manager without this
    > feature, but is there an extension or something to allow the queueing
    > of files in the download manager? I might want to get 20 files, but
    > not all at once. Yes, I know I can get a third party download
    > manager, just wondering if it can be added to the firefox one easily.
    > I also haven't upgraded Firefox in a while so has this been added
    > since 1.0 preview release? Thanks!!

    I believe the extension is call "download manager tweak".

    --
    Barney __________________________
    Wisdom from the sleeping dogs!

    Barney, May 2, 2005
  4. OIE

    OIE Guest

    On Mon, 02 May 2005 05:30:05 -0000, Barney <>
    wrote:

    >OIE <> had writtennews:ubt5715ehfmgpshld5a1nhhc6f9dpk3o1p@
    >4ax.com:
    >
    >> Seems kind of silly to even have a download manager without this
    >> feature, but is there an extension or something to allow the queueing
    >> of files in the download manager? I might want to get 20 files, but
    >> not all at once. Yes, I know I can get a third party download
    >> manager, just wondering if it can be added to the firefox one easily.
    >> I also haven't upgraded Firefox in a while so has this been added
    >> since 1.0 preview release? Thanks!!
    >>

    >I believe the extension is call "download manager tweak".

    Unfortunately, that doesn't do queues, however, there is a list at
    wiki.mozilla.org about the upcoming 2.0 and it lists:

    The following features are required for 2.0:

    * cross session resume
    * storage back end
    * unified download back end with XPInstall, etc.
    * unified API for invoking download operations (e.g. unify code
    paths between link clicks and Save Target As... and other potential
    uses - single API to take a url and transfer)
    * accessibility - listview implements accessibility APIs and
    proper keyboard navigation support
    &&&&&& * download queue - user set the maximum number of
    simultaneous downloads (per site and total) and the download manager
    queue the downloads. save queued downloads across sessions.
    * download speed limitation

    sweet! So I guess I can wait.

    OIE, May 2, 2005
  5. OIE

    Big Will Guest

    OIE wrote:
    > Seems kind of silly to even have a download manager without this
    > feature, but is there an extension or something to allow the queueing
    > of files in the download manager? I might want to get 20 files, but
    > not all at once. Yes, I know I can get a third party download
    > manager, just wondering if it can be added to the firefox one easily.
    > I also haven't upgraded Firefox in a while so has this been added
    > since 1.0 preview release? Thanks!!

    I have a setup where I have free download manager (minus the navexcel,
    of course, uncheck that during install) set to not monitor browser
    activity. Then, I installed an extension called FlashGot. That seems
    to do the job. If it's a big file, or a lot of files, that I'm
    downloaded, I just send it to Free Download Manager via FlashGot. If
    not, I just use the regular download manager in FF.

    Regards,

    Will

    Big Will, May 3, 2005
  6. OIE

    Barney Guest

    Big Will <ALL_YOUR_BASE@ARE_BELONG_TO_US> had
    writtennews:4277f496$1@darkstar:

    Then, I installed an extension called
    > FlashGot. That seems to do the job. If it's a big file, or a lot
    > of files, that I'm downloaded, I just send it to Free Download
    > Manager via FlashGot. If not, I just use the regular download
    > manager in FF.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Will

    I haven't spent much time recently checking things out, but the last
    time I checked Flashgot wasn't available for the latest FF. Has that
    changed? I found Flashgot usefull.

    Barney, May 6, 2005
  7. OIE

    Big Will Guest

    Barney wrote:
    > Big Will <ALL_YOUR_BASE@ARE_BELONG_TO_US> had
    > writtennews:4277f496$1@darkstar:
    >
    > Then, I installed an extension called
    >
    >>FlashGot. That seems to do the job. If it's a big file, or a lot
    >>of files, that I'm downloaded, I just send it to Free Download
    >>Manager via FlashGot. If not, I just use the regular download
    >>manager in FF.
    >>
    >>Regards,
    >>
    >>Will
    >>

    > I haven't spent much time recently checking things out, but the last
    > time I checked Flashgot wasn't available for the latest FF. Has that
    > changed? I found Flashgot usefull.

    I'm using FF 1.0.3 now with FlashGot. AFAIK, it works for 1.0+.
    https://addons.update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=220&application=firefox

    Regards,

    Will

    Big Will, May 6, 2005
  8. OIE

    writtennews:427b87dc$1@darkstar:

    > I'm using FF 1.0.3 now with FlashGot. AFAIK, it works for 1.0+.
    > https://addons.update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=220&ap
    > plication=firefox
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > Will