    I dont want to connet Windows Update, because is very slowly!!

    Please help me, and explain me step by step

    Regards
    Ing. René Antón Castillo, Oct 9, 2003

  2. Ing. René Antón Castillo

    Marko Guest

    Windows 2000/XP or
    >2003 Server Hotfixes to shared folder in one server??????
    > I want install all hotfixes across the network for any

    computer new!!!
    >I dont want to connet Windows Update, because is very

    slowly!!

    >Please help me, and explain me step by step
    >
    >Regards
    >

    >.

    It's called SUS (Software Update Services) and it just so
    happens to be on the main page at www.microsoft.com/technet
    Marko, Oct 9, 2003

  3. Ing. René Antón Castillo

    Dragon Guest

    You can download the updates to a folder and use an installation method of
    your choice, including sus. For example, the following location has links to
    Windows 2000 Criticle updates.

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/downloads/critical/default.asp

    To see more downloads and updates. go to the following link and select
    Downloads:

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/server/

    HTH.

    Nice Dragon.

    Dragon, Oct 9, 2003
  4. Ing. René Antón Castillo

    Marko Guest

    Dragon: I skip this page on purpose because it doesn't
    address ALL hotfixes and updates.

    I created a hotfix.bat file that loads every hotfix (after
    installing the latest service pack). Problem is that some
    hotfixes require user intervention, as simple as pressing
    OK or NO to restart. After all are done, it runs qchain
    and then I reboot.

    For example, to load Virtual Machine (where "fixes" is the
    location of files):

    %FIXES%\msjavwu.exe /c:"javatrig.exe
    /exe_install /l /qq" /q:a /r:n

    This will run the 5.1Mb msjavwu.exe update file without
    any user intervention. Then the script update:

    %FIXES%\js56nen.exe /q /r:n

    Hotfixes are %FIXES$\win2khotfix.exe -z -m -n

    In fact, I can get most of the updates to run without
    requiring user intervention or asking to reboot. Because
    it is a batch file, a large number of hotfixes can be
    deployed in one hit with no intervention.

    The ones I haven't been able to deploy without interuption
    are:

    q318203.exe ; XMLHTTP fix
    q823718_MDAC_SecurityPatch.exe
    q330994 ; Outlook Express Patch
    q828750.exe ; IE6.1sp1 update

    For example, the last two yield that there is a quiet mode
    by executing from cmd with the /? switch. This doesn't
    stop the "Do you want to restart?" prompt at the end.

    Other articles suggest that you can do this with a "-z"
    switch or a "/r:n" switch, but they don't work.

    Does anyone know how to run the IE6 updates without
    intervention???
    Marko, Oct 9, 2003
  5. Ing. René Antón Castillo

    Akira Guest

    Hi! You can use SUS! It can be downloaded from the
    Microsoft Download Site. His function is to update
    himself from the microsoft windows update site and then
    spread that to his clients!

    Akira, Oct 9, 2003
  6. Ing. René Antón Castillo

    Dragon Guest

    The ones you find requiring user intervention, can be run via a vbs script.
    You could use 'send Keys' to answer the questions. I have used this in
    several situation. Your miles may vary.

    Dragon, Oct 9, 2003