Download Binaries on Thunderbird

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by R.K.K., Jun 23, 2004.

  1. R.K.K.

    R.K.K. Guest

    It is possible to download and attach serveral binaries for one
    newsgroup file on thunderbird?
    If you can how should you go about doing it.
    If you can't what linux program, that supports ssl, can I use to do it?
     
    R.K.K., Jun 23, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. R.K.K.

    R.K.Kishore Guest

    R.K.K. wrote:
    > It is possible to download and attach serveral binaries for one
    > newsgroup file on thunderbird?
    > If you can how should you go about doing it.
    > If you can't what linux program, that supports ssl, can I use to do it?


    can I alteast get a response?
     
    R.K.Kishore, Jun 24, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. R.K.K.

    Moz Champion Guest

    R.K.Kishore wrote:

    > R.K.K. wrote:
    >
    >> It is possible to download and attach serveral binaries for one
    >> newsgroup file on thunderbird?
    >> If you can how should you go about doing it.
    >> If you can't what linux program, that supports ssl, can I use to do it?

    >
    >
    > can I alteast get a response?



    Mozilla doesnt do it of itself. One of the available extensions might, of that I am not sure.
    I dont know of a Linux program that does this. Um, why does it have to be SSL capable?
    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org
    Mozilla Champions - http://mozillachampions.mozdev.org
    Mozilla Manual - http://mozmanual.mozdev.org/
     
    Moz Champion, Jun 24, 2004
    #3
  4. R.K.K.

    Pun Krocker Guest

    On this day, 24/Jun/04 04:32, R.K.Kishore said the following:
    > R.K.K. wrote:
    >
    >> It is possible to download and attach serveral binaries for one
    >> newsgroup file on thunderbird?
    >> If you can how should you go about doing it.
    >> If you can't what linux program, that supports ssl, can I use to do it?

    >
    >
    > can I alteast get a response?


    Can you not use a binaries downloading program like Powergrab or Grabit etc?

    --
    d[®_®]b PK

    "Rock journalism is people who can't write
    interviewing people who can't talk
    for people who can't read."
     
    Pun Krocker, Jun 24, 2004
    #4
  5. R.K.K.

    R.K.Kishore Guest

    Moz Champion wrote:
    > R.K.Kishore wrote:
    >
    >> R.K.K. wrote:
    >>
    >>> It is possible to download and attach serveral binaries for one
    >>> newsgroup file on thunderbird?
    >>> If you can how should you go about doing it.
    >>> If you can't what linux program, that supports ssl, can I use to do it?

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> can I alteast get a response?

    >
    >
    >
    > Mozilla doesnt do it of itself. One of the available extensions might,
    > of that I am not sure.
    > I dont know of a Linux program that does this. Um, why does it have to
    > be SSL capable?


    Because I connect to my isp's news server, which requires the SSL protocol.
     
    R.K.Kishore, Jun 24, 2004
    #5
  6. R.K.K.

    R.K.Kishore Guest

    Pun Krocker wrote:
    > On this day, 24/Jun/04 04:32, R.K.Kishore said the following:
    >
    >> R.K.K. wrote:
    >>
    >>> It is possible to download and attach serveral binaries for one
    >>> newsgroup file on thunderbird?
    >>> If you can how should you go about doing it.
    >>> If you can't what linux program, that supports ssl, can I use to do it?

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> can I alteast get a response?

    >
    >
    > Can you not use a binaries downloading program like Powergrab or Grabit
    > etc?
    >


    I cannot use powergrab and Grabit because both of these programs are
    only for M$ windows. I have a laptop running only linux and no
    intention to duel boot.
     
    R.K.Kishore, Jun 24, 2004
    #6
  7. On 6/24/2004 3:14 PM, R.K.Kishore said:


    > I cannot use powergrab and Grabit because both of these programs are
    > only for M$ windows. I have a laptop running only linux and no
    > intention to duel boot.


    There seem to be links to a few linux binaries utilities here:


    --


    "When the tough get going, I'll steal their sandwiches."

    If you need to contact me direct, please remove the obvious from the
    reply address
     
    David Harrison, Jun 24, 2004
    #7
  8. On 6/24/2004 3:14 PM, R.K.Kishore said:


    > I cannot use powergrab and Grabit because both of these programs are
    > only for M$ windows. I have a laptop running only linux and no
    > intention to duel boot.


    Whoops, try again. Sent a little early last time!

    There seem to be a few linux binaries utilities here:

    http://www.newsreaders.com/unix/utilities.html

    cheers,

    David H
     
    David Harrison, Jun 24, 2004
    #8
  9. R.K.K.

    Moz Champion Guest

    R.K.Kishore wrote:

    > Moz Champion wrote:
    >
    >> R.K.Kishore wrote:
    >>
    >>> R.K.K. wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> It is possible to download and attach serveral binaries for one
    >>>> newsgroup file on thunderbird?
    >>>> If you can how should you go about doing it.
    >>>> If you can't what linux program, that supports ssl, can I use to do it?
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> can I alteast get a response?

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Mozilla doesnt do it of itself. One of the available extensions might,
    >> of that I am not sure.
    >> I dont know of a Linux program that does this. Um, why does it have
    >> to be SSL capable?

    >
    >
    > Because I connect to my isp's news server, which requires the SSL protocol.


    On news? Which isp is that if I may ask - you posted with an email from att.net, and you dont need SSL for news there. Email connections yes, but not news.

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org
    Mozilla Champions - http://mozillachampions.mozdev.org
    Mozilla Manual - http://mozmanual.mozdev.org/
     
    Moz Champion, Jun 24, 2004
    #9
  10. R.K.K.

    R.K.Kishore Guest

    Moz Champion wrote:
    > R.K.Kishore wrote:
    >
    >> Moz Champion wrote:
    >>
    >>> R.K.Kishore wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> R.K.K. wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> It is possible to download and attach serveral binaries for one
    >>>>> newsgroup file on thunderbird?
    >>>>> If you can how should you go about doing it.
    >>>>> If you can't what linux program, that supports ssl, can I use to do
    >>>>> it?
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> can I alteast get a response?
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Mozilla doesnt do it of itself. One of the available extensions
    >>> might, of that I am not sure.
    >>> I dont know of a Linux program that does this. Um, why does it have
    >>> to be SSL capable?

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Because I connect to my isp's news server, which requires the SSL
    >> protocol.

    >
    >
    > On news? Which isp is that if I may ask - you posted with an email from
    > att.net, and you dont need SSL for news there. Email connections yes,
    > but not news.
    >


    Yes they require it for the news server:
    Here is the information they gave to me:

    Netnews / NNTP / Discussion Server: inetnews.worldnet.att.net
    Netnews Server port: 563 (With secure SSL connections enabled)

    I tried connecting without SSL but it doesn't work.
     
    R.K.Kishore, Jun 24, 2004
    #10
  11. R.K.K.

    R.K.Kishore Guest

    David Harrison wrote:
    > On 6/24/2004 3:14 PM, R.K.Kishore said:
    >
    >
    >> I cannot use powergrab and Grabit because both of these programs are
    >> only for M$ windows. I have a laptop running only linux and no
    >> intention to duel boot.

    >
    >
    > Whoops, try again. Sent a little early last time!
    >
    > There seem to be a few linux binaries utilities here:
    >
    > http://www.newsreaders.com/unix/utilities.html
    >
    > cheers,
    >
    > David H


    Alright thanks for the link
     
    R.K.Kishore, Jun 24, 2004
    #11
  12. R.K.K.

    Moz Champion Guest

    R.K.Kishore wrote:

    > Moz Champion wrote:
    >
    >> R.K.Kishore wrote:
    >>
    >>> Moz Champion wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> R.K.Kishore wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> R.K.K. wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> It is possible to download and attach serveral binaries for one
    >>>>>> newsgroup file on thunderbird?
    >>>>>> If you can how should you go about doing it.
    >>>>>> If you can't what linux program, that supports ssl, can I use to
    >>>>>> do it?
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> can I alteast get a response?
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Mozilla doesnt do it of itself. One of the available extensions
    >>>> might, of that I am not sure.
    >>>> I dont know of a Linux program that does this. Um, why does it have
    >>>> to be SSL capable?
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Because I connect to my isp's news server, which requires the SSL
    >>> protocol.

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> On news? Which isp is that if I may ask - you posted with an email
    >> from att.net, and you dont need SSL for news there. Email connections
    >> yes, but not news.
    >>

    >
    > Yes they require it for the news server:
    > Here is the information they gave to me:
    >
    > Netnews / NNTP / Discussion Server: inetnews.worldnet.att.net
    > Netnews Server port: 563 (With secure SSL connections enabled)
    >
    > I tried connecting without SSL but it doesn't work.


    Hmmm, let me check

    By golly, you are correct inetnews is SSL. Its been so long since I set it up I had forgotten that. My apologies.

    To return to the problem at hand, no, I dont know offhand any Linux programs that can do this and are SSL capable.

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org
    Mozilla Champions - http://mozillachampions.mozdev.org
    Mozilla Manual - http://mozmanual.mozdev.org/
     
    Moz Champion, Jun 25, 2004
    #12
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Rodrigo

    binaries in Thunderbird newsreader

    Rodrigo, Apr 26, 2005, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    1,046
    Doug G
    Apr 26, 2005
  2. billy99

    Binaries

    billy99, Jun 22, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    1,705
    °Mike°
    Jun 22, 2003
  3. eck eck

    Re: how about some help w/ binaries

    eck eck, Jun 24, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    477
    eck eck
    Jun 24, 2003
  4. zZz
    Replies:
    10
    Views:
    697
    tarsem ajimal
    Apr 25, 2005
  5. Paul L

    Help Download Binaries in Newsgroups

    Paul L, Jan 30, 2006, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    12
    Views:
    581
    Mozzy
    Feb 2, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page