    words ), so I presume i have to uninstall the WinME 1st......WILL IT BE SAFE
    AFTER I END UP WITH NO OP/SYS untill i can get Win98 installed ??? it's
    freakin' me a bit....Please help if poss.....cheers ..FRED

    fredcromer, May 8, 2004

  2. fredcromer

    Plato Guest

    fredcromer wrote:

    > I've got a crappy old computer..( My 1st ), I got it 3 months ago..it's a
    > 333 Mhz , 64mb , 4 gig HD....and it came with W98 on it....I found an

    Not so bad. Win98SE will run OK on it. You can even find another 64 dimm
    for a few dollars at most to put in which will make it run even better.

    Wipe the drive, then install SE fresh. Get your hands on a real win98SE
    cd also.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, May 8, 2004

  3. fredcromer

    Thor Guest

    if you check your add/remove programs list, you may be able to simple
    uninstall WinME from there. Presuming you allowed the WInME setup program to
    back up and save your uninstallation info.

    "fredcromer" <> wrote in message
    > I've got a crappy old computer..( My 1st ), I got it 3 months ago..it's a
    > 333 Mhz , 64mb , 4 gig HD....and it came with W98 on it....I found an
    > upgrade disk in Cash Converters, ( in a EA Golf CD case), I came home and
    > upgraded it.......it now seems that the majority of people think I should
    > have kept the 98.....is that about right ?? i've found a copy of 98 with

    the

    Thor, May 8, 2004