downgrade pix 515

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by fernando, Dec 11, 2003.

  1. fernando

    fernando Guest

    Hi all

    I am trying to downgrade pix 515 from a pix software 6.3(1) to an
    previous one,
    4.4X, and I have questions and problems.

    Question:
    ---------

    This pix I want to downgrade formed a failover system with another
    equal pix model (515) but with pix soft version 4.0. Now the question
    :
    ¿It is neccesary that in order to make a failover system
    both pixs
    must be with the same software version?

    Problem:
    -------

    I only have following pix versions from pix442.bin to pix449.bin, and
    when I try to downgrade with tftp (i red it is possible to download a
    pix image earlier than 4.4) i receive following:
    no pix image found in download image
    ¿are those bin files wrong?

    To finish, i do not have access to cisco web site to download pix
    image 4.0, Can
    someone give one bin image??

    Thats all

    Thank you very much

    Fernando
    fernando, Dec 11, 2003

  2. In article <>,
    fernando <> wrote:
    : This pix I want to downgrade formed a failover system with another
    :equal pix model (515) but with pix soft version 4.0. Now the question

    : ¿It is neccesary that in order to make a failover system
    :both pixs
    : must be with the same software version?

    Yes.

    :problem:

    : I only have following pix versions from pix442.bin to pix449.bin, and
    :when I try to downgrade with tftp (i red it is possible to download a
    :pix image earlier than 4.4) i receive following:
    : no pix image found in download image
    : ¿are those bin files wrong?

    That's a pretty big step backwards. I suspect your current 6.3(1)
    image is trying to find the compressed portion of the 4.4 image, which
    of course is not there. You might have to downgrade in stages; I'm not sure.
    --
    What is "The Ultimate Meme"? Would it, like Monty Python's
    "The World's Funniest Joke", lead to the deaths of everyone who
    Walter Roberson, Dec 11, 2003