    --
    Cheers!

    Jan

    Jan, Aug 24, 2003

  2. Jan

    Laffctx Guest

    There is a program that will let you know that you have an incoming call,
    but it will not disconnect your internet connection. I wish I knew the name
    of the software, but it has been a long time since I have seen it. But, it
    is out there.

    Good luck,

    Laffctx

    Jan <> wrote in message
    > My sister unfortunately had to give up her broadband connection and go to

    a cheaper
    > dial-up account due to financial problems. Is there anyway of configuring,

    or a program
    > to download, that will cause the dialup connection to automatically

    disconnect when
    > the phone rings? If anyone tries to phone when she is online, they just

    hear
    > endless ringing (not a busy signal) and she is always worried that someone

    is trying

    Laffctx, Aug 24, 2003

  3. Jan

    Boomer Guest

    Jan said:

    > My sister unfortunately had to give up her broadband connection
    > and go to a cheaper dial-up account due to financial problems. Is
    > there anyway of configuring, or a program to download, that will
    > cause the dialup connection to automatically disconnect when the
    > phone rings? If anyone tries to phone when she is online, they
    > just hear endless ringing (not a busy signal) and she is always
    > worried that someone is trying to phone when she is online. Win XP
    > Pro. TIA!

    Try searching
    www.webattack.com or www.freewarehome.com

    Boomer, Aug 24, 2003
  4. Jan

    here at home Guest

    How come the caller gets an endless ringing tone when the lines engaged? It
    shouldn't happen unless it's one of those cheap phone companies where you
    pay from the moment the callers connected to their system.. Complain to the
    telephone company. You could opt to have the caller redirected when online
    to another phone/mobile though that will obviously cost you extra which wont
    help your financial problems. Some telephone companies have an option to
    have "Caller Waiting" which sends out an intermittent beep within the call
    which would throw you off-line, you could try that. Ask you phone company
    about that service.

    here at home, Aug 24, 2003
  5. Jan

    here at home Guest

    Yes, I've heard of that program too but don't know the software for it.
    Could try looking at: www.download.com for some software about this.

    here at home, Aug 24, 2003
  6. Jan

    °Mike° Guest

    CallWave -- Internet Call Waiting
    http://www.callwave.com/

    Lots more:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=call waiting

    On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 16:05:42 GMT, in
    <MPG.19b1f5702158c7f79896bb@shawnews>
    Jan scrawled:

    >My sister unfortunately had to give up her broadband connection and go to a cheaper
    >dial-up account due to financial problems. Is there anyway of configuring, or a program
    >to download, that will cause the dialup connection to automatically disconnect when
    >the phone rings? If anyone tries to phone when she is online, they just hear
    >endless ringing (not a busy signal) and she is always worried that someone is trying
    >to phone when she is online. Win XP Pro. TIA!

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 24, 2003
  7. Jan

    Plato Guest

    Jan wrote:

    > My sister unfortunately had to give up her broadband connection and go to a cheaper
    > dial-up account due to financial problems. Is there anyway of configuring, or a

    Tell her to give up the home shopping network as well.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Aug 24, 2003
  8. Jan

    DT Guest

    , Once upon a time in a land far away here at home was alleged to have said:
    > How come the caller gets an endless ringing tone when the lines engaged? It
    > shouldn't happen unless it's one of those cheap phone companies where you
    > pay from the moment the callers connected to their system.. Complain to the
    > telephone company. You could opt to have the caller redirected when online
    > to another phone/mobile though that will obviously cost you extra which wont
    > help your financial problems. Some telephone companies have an option to
    > have "Caller Waiting" which sends out an intermittent beep within the call
    > which would throw you off-line, you could try that. Ask you phone company
    > about that service.
    > "Jan" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>My sister unfortunately had to give up her broadband connection and go to

    > a cheaper
    >
    >>dial-up account due to financial problems. Is there anyway of configuring,

    > or a program
    >
    >>to download, that will cause the dialup connection to automatically

    > disconnect when
    >
    >>the phone rings? If anyone tries to phone when she is online, they just

    > hear
    >
    >>endless ringing (not a busy signal) and she is always worried that someone

    > is trying
    >
    >>to phone when she is online. Win XP Pro. TIA!
    >>--
    >>Cheers!
    >>
    >>Jan

    Ever heard of call waiting?

    --
    Lose your shirt to reply -- Dennis

    IVF Weblog: http://home.grandecom.net/~dennisnbetty/txmiracle.htm
    An Ill Wind: http://home.grandecom.net/~dennisnbetty/illwind.htm
    My home page: http://home.grandecom.net/~dennisnbetty

    DT, Aug 25, 2003
  9. Jan

    here at home Guest

    Another dumbo! Read the whole of the string!

    here at home, Aug 25, 2003
  10. Jan

    Gary - US Guest

    There are numerous programs available that will alert you when you are
    receiving an incoming call. Do a Google search for them or check on
    download.com. I don't know what they are because thankfully I have
    broadband and hope never to return the medieval days of dial up MUAHAHAHAH!!

    --

    Semper Fi & God Bless America,

    Gary-US MCNGP #20 & retired Jarhead

    http://www.mcngp.tk