Dover Castle Site

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Paul Maskell, Mar 6, 2005.

  1. Paul Maskell

    Paul Maskell Guest

    Paul Maskell, Mar 6, 2005

  2. Paul Maskell

    redTed Guest

    "Paul Maskell" <> wrote in message
    news:422ad95c$0$9950$...
    > Hello,
    >
    > Can anyone go to this site and tell me if it opens OK with Firefox?
    > Each time I try to go to it, it dosen,t open.
    > What I want to know is, Is it a problem with MY copy of Firefox or
    > just a site Firefox dosen,t like!
    >
    > Here's the link! Don't worry, it's not rude! It's the site for Dover
    > castle.
    >
    > http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/...ts/asp/visits/Details.asp%3FProperty_Id%3D184

    It won't open for me in Firefox 1.01 or IE.
    Perhaps it's a problem at the other end ?
    redTed, Mar 6, 2005

  3. Paul Maskell

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Paul Maskell wrote:
    > Can anyone go to this site and tell me if it opens OK with Firefox?
    > Each time I try to go to it, it dosen,t open.
    > What I want to know is, Is it a problem with MY copy of Firefox or
    > just a site Firefox dosen,t like!
    >
    > Here's the link! Don't worry, it's not rude! It's the site for Dover castle.
    >
    > <URL:http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/default.asp?wci=mainframe&URL1=default.asp%3FWCI%3DNode%26WCE%3D811%26document_from%3Dhttp%253A//www.english-heritage.org.uk/filestore/visitsevents/asp/visits/Details.asp%253FProperty_Id%253D184>

    I tried it in FF 1.01, Mozilla 1.6, Netscape 7.0, Opera 7.22, and IE 6.

    IE partially loads the page, then gives an error message. Netscape
    loads a search page, with a link to Dover Castle. When I follow the
    link, the Dover Castle site fails to load.

    I could get nothing to load in FF, Mozilla or Opera.

    When the page loaded in Netscape, there was a link at the top left to
    English Heritage's "accessible site":
    <URL:http://accessibility.english-heritage.org.uk/default.asp?WCI=Node&WCE=811>

    From there, I was able to get to a Dover Castle page that /does/ work
    in FF:
    <URL:http://accessibility.english-heritage.org.uk/Filestore/VisitsEvents/Asp/Visits/Details.asp?Property_Id=184>

    BTW, I was immediately redirected the to the accessible site when I
    tried going to <URL:http://www.english-heritage.co.uk>. The top of the
    page reads:
    "You have been redirected to the accessible version of the site as you
    are using a browser that is not currently supported on the graphics site."

    Looks like crap web design to me, but at least they have a redirect to a
    page that works.

    Danny Colyer, Mar 6, 2005
  4. Paul Maskell

    Mark Adams Guest

    Paul Maskell wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Can anyone go to this site and tell me if it opens OK with Firefox?
    > Each time I try to go to it, it dosen,t open.
    > What I want to know is, Is it a problem with MY copy of Firefox or
    > just a site Firefox dosen,t like!
    >
    > Here's the link! Don't worry, it's not rude! It's the site for Dover castle.
    >
    > http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/...ts/asp/visits/Details.asp%3FProperty_Id%3D184

    I got something to open in Netscape 7.2:

    http://www.geocities.com/mark9117/topsnapshot1.png

    It seemed to open just fine in Konqueror (go figure):

    http://www.geocities.com/mark9117/topsnapshot2.png
    http://www.geocities.com/mark9117/topsnapshot3.png
    http://www.geocities.com/mark9117/topsnapshot4.png

    Nothing else would open it. Didn't try any browsers under Windows.

    --
    Mark E. Adams, 2004 -- drop the "dot" to email me.
    http://adamslan.shyper.com

    Don't tell me that worry doesn't do any good. I know better. The things
    I worry about don't happen.
    -- Watchman Examiner
    Mark Adams, Mar 6, 2005