doubt.....

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by =?Utf-8?B?dG1jaGlucw==?=, Apr 5, 2007.

  1. does it useful to having a MCSE cert in ours IT career?
    =?Utf-8?B?dG1jaGlucw==?=, Apr 5, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?dG1jaGlucw==?=

    catwalker63 Guest

    tmchins piffled away vaguely:

    > does it useful to having a MCSE cert in ours IT career?

    I have not found the cert useful in my career. It has a poor
    reputation. at this time.

    The wallet card makes an ok ice-scraper if you don't have a real one.
    --

    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43
    catwalker63, Apr 5, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?dG1jaGlucw==?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >does it useful to having a MCSE cert in ours IT career?

    not as much as having a decent babel fish.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Apr 5, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?dG1jaGlucw==?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >The wallet card makes an ok ice-scraper if you don't have a real one.

    not to mention the chick magent, but then that don't apply to
    you....... or does it ;)

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Apr 5, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?dG1jaGlucw==?=

    Consultant Guest

    well, ive used the plastic wallet card they sent to purchase many online
    items, seems to be worth it to me

    Consultant, Apr 5, 2007
  6. I am not following your question, so I hope my answer applies:

    It is worth what *YOU* make it worth. If you just study braindump
    questions to learn how to pass the exams; then no, it is not worth it.
    You just spent all that time and money to earn a sheet of paper.

    However if you truly are interested in this; you will find many ways to
    make useful and worthwhile. It is what you make of it... Certifications
    are never an end point to learning...

    --

    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP,

    The Classroom Blog

    CertGuard Member
    The Stronghold for Excellence in I.T. Certification
    www.CertGuard.com

    Michael D. Alligood, Apr 5, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?dG1jaGlucw==?=

    JaR Guest

    Michael D. Alligood wrote:
    > I am not following your question, so I hope my answer applies:
    >
    > It is worth what *YOU* make it worth. If you just study braindump
    > questions to learn how to pass the exams; then no, it is not worth it.
    > You just spent all that time and money to earn a sheet of paper.
    >
    > However if you truly are interested in this; you will find many ways to
    > make useful and worthwhile. It is what you make of it... Certifications
    > are never an end point to learning...
    >
    > --
    >
    > Michael D. Alligood
    > MCSA, MCDST, MCP,
    > A+, Network+, i-Net+,
    >
    > The Classroom Blog
    >
    > CertGuard Member
    > The Stronghold for Excellence in I.T. Certification
    > www.CertGuard.com

    Do you approach everything you do with the same disregard for rules and
    conventions that you demonstrate in your newsgroup postings, Michael?

    Forgetting for the moment the MCP (*snicker*) thing, Usenet etiquette
    requires:

    a] Bottom posting for linear reading.

    2] .sigs under four lines total, including whitespace. I count 10 in
    yours, and there would be 11 if the link to your blog wasn't missing.

    I don't think I would trust you with my equipment, you might just decide
    that it would be ok to use a crossover cable in all connections or set a
    hard drive to "master" when it should be "slave". After all, what
    difference do these little 'rules' make anyway, hmmm?

    --
    JaR
    Providing gentle direction
    JaR, Apr 5, 2007
  8. =?Utf-8?B?dG1jaGlucw==?=

    CBIC Guest

    I agree. One should always bottom post.

    CBIC, Apr 5, 2007
  9. I KNOW I am not receiving Usenet etiquette from you!!! LOL. But thanks
    for the gentle advice. I will really consider that.

    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP,
    A+, Network+, i-Net+,

    http://www.yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom

    http://www.certguard.com

    Michael D. Alligood, Apr 5, 2007
  10. =?Utf-8?B?dG1jaGlucw==?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >I am not following your question, so I hope my answer applies:

    not surprised, it's in some kind of code. i think it means there's an
    invasion coming, either that or 'its a girl'

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Apr 5, 2007
  11. "JaR" <> wrote in message

    > Michael D. Alligood wrote:
    > > I am not following your question, so I hope my answer applies:
    > >
    > > It is worth what *YOU* make it worth. If you just study braindump
    > > questions to learn how to pass the exams; then no, it is not worth it.
    > > You just spent all that time and money to earn a sheet of paper.
    > >
    > > However if you truly are interested in this; you will find many ways to
    > > make useful and worthwhile. It is what you make of it... Certifications
    > > are never an end point to learning...
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > Michael D. Alligood
    > > MCSA, MCDST, MCP,
    > > A+, Network+, i-Net+,
    > >
    > > The Classroom Blog
    > >
    > > CertGuard Member
    > > The Stronghold for Excellence in I.T. Certification
    > > www.CertGuard.com
    > >

    > Do you approach everything you do with the same disregard for rules and
    > conventions that you demonstrate in your newsgroup postings, Michael?
    >
    > Forgetting for the moment the MCP (*snicker*) thing, Usenet etiquette
    > requires:
    >
    > a] Bottom posting for linear reading.
    >
    > 2] .sigs under four lines total, including whitespace. I count 10 in
    > yours, and there would be 11 if the link to your blog wasn't missing.
    >
    > I don't think I would trust you with my equipment, you might just decide
    > that it would be ok to use a crossover cable in all connections or set a
    > hard drive to "master" when it should be "slave". After all, what
    > difference do these little 'rules' make anyway, hmmm?
    >
    > --
    > JaR
    > Providing gentle direction
    > Remove hat to reply

    I am not sure... Still too wordy? :)

    Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
    http://www.yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom
    CertGuard - The Stronghold for Excellence in I.T. Certification
    http://www.certguard.com
    Michael D. Alligood, Apr 5, 2007
  12. =?Utf-8?B?dG1jaGlucw==?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    On Apr 5, 8:48 pm, "CBIC" <> wrote:
    > I agree. One should always bottom post.

    You benthic organism, you !
    Cerebrus, Apr 5, 2007
  13. =?Utf-8?B?dG1jaGlucw==?=

    CBIC Guest

    CBIC, Apr 5, 2007
  14. =?Utf-8?B?dG1jaGlucw==?=

    CBIC Guest

    "Cerebrus" <> wrote in message
    > On Apr 5, 8:48 pm, "CBIC" <> wrote:
    >> I agree. One should always bottom post.

    > You benthic organism, you !

    Good word. I had to use a dictionary.
    CBIC, Apr 5, 2007
  15. =?Utf-8?B?dG1jaGlucw==?=

    JaR Guest

    CBIC wrote:
    > "Cerebrus" <> wrote in message
    >> On Apr 5, 8:48 pm, "CBIC" <> wrote:
    >>> I agree. One should always bottom post.

    >> You benthic organism, you !
    >>

    > Good word. I had to use a dictionary.

    Doom sunk?

    --
    JaR
    Whale poo
    JaR, Apr 5, 2007
  16. =?Utf-8?B?dG1jaGlucw==?=

    FrisbeeĀ® Guest

    FrisbeeĀ®, Apr 5, 2007
  17. =?Utf-8?B?dG1jaGlucw==?=

    JaR Guest

    Michael D. Alligood wrote:

    > I am not sure... Still too wordy? :)
    >
    > Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
    > http://www.yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom
    > CertGuard - The Stronghold for Excellence in I.T. Certification
    > http://www.certguard.com

    Except for failing to snip & the double dash with trailing
    space...Nearly perfect ;-)

    --
    JaR
    And whattaya mean, Usenet etiquette from ME???
    JaR, Apr 5, 2007
  18. =?Utf-8?B?dG1jaGlucw==?=

    TBone Guest

    And on the eigth day Kline Sphere <.@> did cause the electrons to come
    together and form the following words:

    > not surprised, it's in some kind of code.

    "Its a countdown..."

    "They're using our own satellites against us!"

    -------

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    TBone, Apr 5, 2007
  19. =?Utf-8?B?dG1jaGlucw==?=

    catwalker63 Guest

    Michael D. Alligood piffled away vaguely:

    > I am not following your question, so I hope my answer applies:
    >
    > It is worth what *YOU* make it worth. If you just study braindump
    > questions to learn how to pass the exams; then no, it is not worth it.
    > You just spent all that time and money to earn a sheet of paper.
    >
    > However if you truly are interested in this; you will find many ways to
    > make useful and worthwhile. It is what you make of it... Certifications
    > are never an end point to learning...

    I agree up to a point. The problem with the "worthiness" of the MCSE is
    in the perception of prospective employers. It doesn't have the respect
    those who really worked for it deserved simply because so many have not
    and have demonstrated their idiocy so spectacularly.

    In addition, in order to obtain the cert you have to learn all sorts of
    useless information, like how to make server a router. I have my MCSE
    but if I had it to do over again, I'd skip it. I'd read the important
    part of books that explain how (and where) to use Windows in the real
    world and supplement with studying linux, cisco, and other
    technologies that smart companies really use to accomplish routing,
    webservices, etc. In fact, that's what I do now.

    So, yeah, learning has great value. It just should be directed at
    learning things that will prove valuable to you down the road.

    catwalker63, Apr 5, 2007
  20. Michael D. Alligood, Apr 5, 2007