    my careful setup.

    --
    Terry, West Sussex, UK
    Terry Pinnell, Sep 15, 2004

  2. Terry Pinnell

    alan Guest

    "Terry Pinnell" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On my XP PC, the taskbar refuses to go back to a single line. Even
    > with only Launch items on the left and Tray items on the right (no
    > minimised buttons in the middle), it still stays double. It's as if
    > the tray area has become double-decker somehow.
    >
    > After much googling still haven't found the fix. I have seen some
    > 'scripts' for restoring 'default taskbar', but I'm nervous of losing
    > my careful setup.
    >
    > --
    > Terry, West Sussex, UK

    What happens when you try to drag and drop the top border of the taskbar?

    alan
    alan, Sep 15, 2004

  3. "alan" <> wrote:

    >What happens when you try to drag and drop the top border of the taskbar?
    >
    >alan

    I could increase the size but not decrease it.

    However, happily I did stumble on a sequence of manoeuvres that got it
    back to one line. There was (at some point) a vertical bar in the
    empty area on the left, underneath the Quick Launch icons, and I found
    I could drag that to the right and up one line. Voila!

    --
    Terry, West Sussex, UK
    Terry Pinnell, Sep 15, 2004