    Successfully flashed my LiteOn 812S to double-layer capable 832S.
    There still doesn't seem to be any what you would call affordable
    DVD-9 media around. Anyone know of any?
    GraB, Dec 17, 2004

  2. On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 01:14:39 +1300, GraB <> wrote:

    >Successfully flashed my LiteOn 812S to double-layer capable 832S.
    >There still doesn't seem to be any what you would call affordable
    >DVD-9 media around. Anyone know of any?

    They do not work you have wasted your time..
    Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 17, 2004

    Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 17, 2004
  4. In article <>,
    GraB <> wrote:

    >Successfully flashed my LiteOn 812S to double-layer capable 832S.
    >There still doesn't seem to be any what you would call affordable
    >DVD-9 media around. Anyone know of any?

    Is it really worth it, though? Last I checked, you could burn two
    single-layer discs in less time than it took to do one double-layer one.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Dec 18, 2004
  5. In article <>,

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Dec 18, 2004
  6. GraB

    GraB Guest

    On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 01:14:39 +1300, GraB <> wrote:

    >Successfully flashed my LiteOn 812S to double-layer capable 832S.
    >There still doesn't seem to be any what you would call affordable
    >DVD-9 media around. Anyone know of any?

    OK, it seems no-one has dabbled with double-layer in this group.
    Though double-layer DVD writers are the norm now it is still looking
    like the media is going to take some time to get down in price. I
    suspected as much which was one of the reasons why I opted for the
    812S in the first place.

    But it would be interesting to hear if anyone in this group has had
    any experience / success with double-layer burning.
    GraB, Dec 18, 2004
  7. GraB

    GraB Guest

    GraB, Dec 18, 2004