    image becomes green and white squares. It was pressed by WAMO, and there is
    nothing on the surface of the DVD like a scratch, smudge, or dirt. Has anyone
    ever had a rotted DVD successfully replaced?
    BubbCoop, Nov 1, 2003

  2. BubbCoop

    jayembee Guest

    (BubbCoop) wrote:

    > I just tried to watch this movie, and sometime after the
    > 40 minute mark, the image becomes green and white squares.
    > It was pressed by WAMO, and there is nothing on the surface
    > of the DVD like a scratch, smudge, or dirt. Has anyone
    > ever had a rotted DVD successfully replaced?

    DOUBLE INDEMNITY is out of print, and has been for at least
    a couple of years. It's among the Universal-owned titles
    that were licensed to Image Entertainment, and then yanked
    back when the two companies had a tiff. So it's not at all
    likely that you'd be able to get it replaced, even if Image
    guaranteed their discs against rot -- which I doubt they do.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Nov 1, 2003

  3. BubbCoop

    Scot Gardner Guest

    "BubbCoop" <> wrote in message

    <<Has anyone ever had a rotted DVD successfully replaced?>>

    Yes, but only the titles which are still in print. Are you talking about
    getting the manufacturer to replace the disc? Good luck on that.

    Here is a list of all of my known rotted Warner titles, which I had to
    purchase twice:

    Devil's Advocate (First pressing which cannot be replaced. The
    replacement version, with the edited "Ex Nihilo" statue is playing
    well.)

    Cabaret (First one rotted, replacement playing well.)

    Casablanca -- Original DVD (First one rotted, replacement playing
    well. Now replaced again by double-disc edition.)

    The Maltese Falcon (First one rotted, replacement playing well.)

    My Fair Lady (First one rotted, replacement playing well.)

    You might want to check the second layers of the Warner titles listed
    above if they are in your collection.
    Scot Gardner, Nov 2, 2003