    Can anybody out there enlighten me?
    Thanks
    Steve

    Ste, Apr 26, 2006

  2. Ste

    Mara Guest

    On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 22:14:47 +0100, Ste <> wrote:

    >Using Windows XP Pro SP2 with Forte Agent email.
    >When I had W98 I could double-click a link in an email and it would
    >open up my browser.
    >Now I'm on XP Pro I get an error message "Unable to execute
    >command...... Windows error 2".
    >I am still using the same version of Agent V1.93, (I know it's old but
    >it does what I need) so I assume this is something to do with XP Pro
    >security settings but I'll be damned if I can find how to get round it.
    >Can anybody out there enlighten me?
    >Thanks
    >Steve

    Have you looked in Options/General Preferences/URL Types in Agent and made sure
    that http and https are actually set by Agent to be opened with whatever browser
    you're using, among the other settings there?

    --
    If you implement a worthless, pointless, bounceback feature, you will be
    causing your users to violate their ISP AUP, and you will be CONTRIBUTING to

    Mara, Apr 26, 2006

  3. Ste

    Jos. Wheeler Guest

    "Ste" <> wrote in message
    > Using Windows XP Pro SP2 with Forte Agent email.
    > When I had W98 I could double-click a link in an email and it would
    > open up my browser.
    > Now I'm on XP Pro I get an error message "Unable to execute
    > command...... Windows error 2".
    > I am still using the same version of Agent V1.93, (I know it's old but
    > it does what I need) so I assume this is something to do with XP Pro
    > security settings but I'll be damned if I can find how to get round it.
    > Can anybody out there enlighten me?
    > Thanks
    > Steve

    Google "windows error 2" -- 169,000,000 hits....

    http://www.google.com/search?q=wind...ient=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

    Jos. Wheeler, Apr 27, 2006
  4. Ste

    Steve Guest

    Mara <> wrote:

    ->On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 22:14:47 +0100, Ste <> wrote:
    ->
[...]

    Many thanks Mara.
    The settings all looked OK but I just re-entered them and the problem
    was cured !!
    Something must have screwed up on the change from 98 to XP I guess.
    Steve

    Steve, Apr 27, 2006
  5. Ste

    Steve Guest

    "Jos. Wheeler" <joe@csa> wrote:

    ->"Ste" <> wrote in message
    ->news:...
    ->> Using Windows XP Pro SP2 with Forte Agent email.
    ->> When I had W98 I could double-click a link in an email and it would
    ->> open up my browser.
    ->> Now I'm on XP Pro I get an error message "Unable to execute
    ->> command...... Windows error 2".
    ->> I am still using the same version of Agent V1.93, (I know it's old
    but
    ->> it does what I need) so I assume this is something to do with XP Pro
    ->> security settings but I'll be damned if I can find how to get round
    it.
    ->> Can anybody out there enlighten me?
    ->> Thanks
    ->> Steve
    ->>
    ->
    ->Google "windows error 2" -- 169,000,000 hits....
    ->
    ->http://www.google.com/search?q=wind...ient=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official
    ->
    Thanks Jos. I had Googled it but found nothing on my particular problem
    (although I admit I did not check all 169,00,000 hits ;-)
    Steve

    Steve, Apr 27, 2006
  6. Ste

    Mara Guest

    On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 19:25:38 +0100, Steve <> wrote:

    >Mara <> wrote:
    >
    >->On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 22:14:47 +0100, Ste <> wrote:
    >->
    >->>Using Windows XP Pro SP2 with Forte Agent email.
    >->>When I had W98 I could double-click a link in an email and it would
    >->>open up my browser.
    >->>Now I'm on XP Pro I get an error message "Unable to execute
    >->>command...... Windows error 2".
    >->>I am still using the same version of Agent V1.93, (I know it's old
    >but
    >->>it does what I need) so I assume this is something to do with XP Pro
    >->>security settings but I'll be damned if I can find how to get round
    >it.
    >->>Can anybody out there enlighten me?
    >->>Thanks
    >->>Steve
    >->
    >->Have you looked in Options/General Preferences/URL Types in Agent and
    >made sure
    >->that http and https are actually set by Agent to be opened with
    >whatever browser
    >->you're using, among the other settings there?
    >

    >Many thanks Mara.
    >The settings all looked OK but I just re-entered them and the problem
    >was cured !!
    >Something must have screwed up on the change from 98 to XP I guess.

    Yeah. XP is what happened. <g>

    --
    The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in
    the lie. One word of truth outweighs the world.

    Mara, Apr 27, 2006