    not find C:\User etc. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try
    again. Any excel spreadsheet I have I get the same message when I double
    click on it. I check the path and it is correct.

    Golden, Sep 20, 2009

  2. Golden

    Dan C Guest

    On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 14:58:06 -0700, Golden wrote:

    > I repaired and uninstalled then installed Office 2007. I opened Excel up
    > and search for my Excel Spread Sheet and open it and then save as on my
    > desktop like I always do. Then when I double click on the Icon I get
    > "Windows can not find C:\User etc. Make sure you typed the name
    > correctly, and then try again. Any excel spreadsheet I have I get the
    > same message when I double click on it. I check the path and it is
    > correct.

    Sounds like you need to format your hard drive.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he garotted another passing Liberal.

    Dan C, Sep 20, 2009

  3. Golden

    chuckcar Guest

    "Golden" <> wrote in news:pzxtm.131662$:

    > I repaired and uninstalled then installed Office 2007. I opened Excel up
    > and search for my Excel Spread Sheet and open it and then save as on my
    > desktop like I always do. Then when I double click on the Icon I get
    > "Windows can not find C:\User etc.

    And The etc part was? Really you *did* leave out the most relevant part.
    However, the problem is that excel is no longer associated with excel
    spreadsheets.

    > Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try
    > again. Any excel spreadsheet I have I get the same message when I double
    > click on it. I check the path and it is correct.

    BTW there really is no need to a) save to the desktop or b) open documents
    by double clicking them. For a) if clutters up the desktop. At the least
    create a hiarchy of folders within *one* folder on the desktop and for b)
    you almost certainly have an icon for excel on your desktop and on the top
    of the first level start menu.

    There are plenty of situations where double clicking is a very bad thing
    to do. Malware/trojans spring immediately to mind.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Sep 22, 2009
  4. Golden

    alan Guest

    "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    > "Golden" <> wrote in news:pzxtm.131662$:
    >
    >> I repaired and uninstalled then installed Office 2007. I opened Excel up
    >> and search for my Excel Spread Sheet and open it and then save as on my
    >> desktop like I always do. Then when I double click on the Icon I get
    >> "Windows can not find C:\User etc.

    > And The etc part was? Really you *did* leave out the most relevant part.
    > However, the problem is that excel is no longer associated with excel
    > spreadsheets.
    >
    >> Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try
    >> again. Any excel spreadsheet I have I get the same message when I double
    >> click on it. I check the path and it is correct.
    >>

    > BTW there really is no need to a) save to the desktop or b) open documents
    > by double clicking them. For a) if clutters up the desktop.

    There may not be a NEED to save to the desktop, but there's absolutely
    nothing wrong with doing so. Maybe the OP *LIKES* to have certain doc's
    within easy reach so to speak and doesn't give a rat's ass about "clutter".
    If I'm going to be using something pretty frequently, I keep it on my
    desktop. What's the point of having a desktop if you don't use it? Are you
    one of those super-neat types who has nothing on the physical desktop also,
    and keeps everything hidden away in drawers and file cabinets?

    >At the least
    > create a hiarchy of folders within *one* folder on the desktop and for b)
    > you almost certainly have an icon for excel on your desktop and on the top
    > of the first level start menu.
    >
    > There are plenty of situations where double clicking is a very bad thing
    > to do. Malware/trojans spring immediately to mind.

    Excuse me? Please explain how double-clicking and malware/trojans are
    associated. Did you once infect your computer with a Trojan after having
    doubleclicked on a link in an email and you've been double-click shy ever
    since? Please explain yourself.

    alan, Sep 22, 2009
  5. Golden

    alan Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 20:48:40 -0700, " alan"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Excuse me? Please explain how double-clicking and malware/trojans are
    >>associated. Did you once infect your computer with a Trojan after having
    >>doubleclicked on a link in an email and you've been double-click shy ever
    >>since? Please explain yourself.

    > It can't.
    >
    > And chucktard will attempt to backpedal out of this, as usual.

    Nah, I'm betting that he totally ignores it . . .

    alan, Sep 22, 2009