    If I took tests A, B, & C (which would qualify me for either MCAD or MCSD)
    and got my MCAD, could I then just take tests D & E to get my MCSD and come
    out DOUBLE certified?

    Rob Mayo, Nov 21, 2003

  2. Rob Mayo

    Guest Guest

    yep

    "Rob Mayo" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I was noticing that most of the tests for MCAD were the same tests as

    MCSD.
    > I was wondering if I took my tests for MCAD and got that, could I roll

    those

    Guest, Nov 21, 2003

  3. Rob Mayo

    Paul Robson Guest

    Rob Mayo wrote:
    > I was noticing that most of the tests for MCAD were the same tests as MCSD.
    > I was wondering if I took my tests for MCAD and got that, could I roll those
    > into qualifying for MCSD?
    >
    > If I took tests A, B, & C (which would qualify me for either MCAD or MCSD)
    > and got my MCAD, could I then just take tests D & E to get my MCSD and come
    > out DOUBLE certified?

    Yes and No. You can upgrade to MCSD by doing the Windows Applications
    (C# or VB) and System Architecture exams, assuming you've done an
    appropriate elective, Web-based apps and XML Web Services.

    But what you have is an upgraded qualification, not a second one.

    Paul Robson, Nov 21, 2003
  4. Exactly. I see people putting the MCP designation with another MS
    certification which is just plain redundant (and silly IMO). People also
    feel compelled to put MCAD and MCSD (for .NET) which again is silly.

    If you got your MCAD and then finish the exams to qualify for the .NET MCSD,
    then that implies MCAD. Why put both...

    --
    Leigh Kendall MCSD, MCDBA

    "Paul Robson" <> wrote in
    message news:bplcgi$e93$...

    Leigh Kendall, Nov 21, 2003
  5. Rob Mayo

    Eric Engler Guest

    I think people like to show MCAD because it's obviously a .NET cert.
    If you just list MCSD it's not clear that it's for .NET.

    I've seen some people write "MCSD.NET", but I'm not sure if that's
    legal. MS seems to be pretty picky about these ackronyms.

    Eric

    Eric Engler, Nov 21, 2003
  6. Rob Mayo

    Jay Walters Guest

    Double Certified? - Actually

    Actually it is two certifications, and shows up in your
    transcript as two separate certs.

    However, I agree with everyone else. (on a smaller scale)
    it's bit like having your BA in Comp Sci and your
    Masters .... it would be silly to state that you have
    both and just doing so would make you look deserving of
    neither.

    Jay Walters, Nov 21, 2003
  7. Rob Mayo

    Grant Guest

    Yeah, they are picky. They have every right to be as it
    is their certification, but it would be nice if it was
    easy to identify if a MCSD was on the .NET track or not.
    MS is happy to paste " .NET" on the back of so many
    things, I'm surprised they didn't do it on the MCSD logo
    as well.

    Once I get my MCSD and start listing it on my resume,
    I'll have to specifically state elsewhere in the resume
    (as you can't add anything to the logo) that the MCSD is
    the MCSD on the .NET track. Lots of extra words that
    would've been avoided if the logo simply said "MCSD .NET".

    /my 20 cents worth

    Grant, Nov 22, 2003