    If I took tests A, B, & C (which would qualify me for either MCAD or MCSD)
    and got my MCAD, could I then just take tests D & E to get my MCSD and come
    out DOUBLE certified?

    Rob Mayo, Nov 21, 2003

  2. Rob Mayo

    Guest Guest

    yep

    "Rob Mayo" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I was noticing that most of the tests for MCAD were the same tests as

    MCSD.
    > I was wondering if I took my tests for MCAD and got that, could I roll

    those

    Guest, Nov 21, 2003

  3. Rob Mayo

    Paul Robson Guest

    Rob Mayo wrote:
    > I was noticing that most of the tests for MCAD were the same tests as MCSD.
    > I was wondering if I took my tests for MCAD and got that, could I roll those
    > into qualifying for MCSD?
    >
    > If I took tests A, B, & C (which would qualify me for either MCAD or MCSD)
    > and got my MCAD, could I then just take tests D & E to get my MCSD and come
    > out DOUBLE certified?

    Yes and No. You can upgrade to MCSD by doing the Windows Applications
    (C# or VB) and System Architecture exams, assuming you've done an
    appropriate elective, Web-based apps and XML Web Services.

    But what you have is an upgraded qualification, not a second one.

    Paul Robson, Nov 21, 2003
  4. Exactly. I see people putting the MCP designation with another MS
    certification which is just plain redundant (and silly IMO). People also
    feel compelled to put MCAD and MCSD (for .NET) which again is silly.

    If you got your MCAD and then finish the exams to qualify for the .NET MCSD,
    then that implies MCAD. Why put both...

    --
    Leigh Kendall MCSD, MCDBA

    "Paul Robson" <> wrote in
    message news:bplcgi$e93$...

    Leigh Kendall, Nov 21, 2003
  5. Rob Mayo

    Jay Walters Guest

    Double Certified? - Actually

    Actually it is two certifications, and shows up in your
    transcript as two separate certs.

    However, I agree with everyone else. (on a smaller scale)
    it's bit like having your BA in Comp Sci and your
    Masters .... it would be silly to state that you have
    both and just doing so would make you look deserving of
    neither.

    Jay Walters, Nov 21, 2003
  6. Rob Mayo

    Eric Engler Guest

    I think people like to show MCAD because it's obviously a .NET cert.
    If you just list MCSD it's not clear that it's for .NET.

    I've seen some people write "MCSD.NET", but I'm not sure if that's
    legal. MS seems to be pretty picky about these ackronyms.

    Eric

    Eric Engler, Nov 21, 2003
  7. Rob Mayo

    Guest Guest

    Re: Double Certified? - Actually

    What gets on my nerves ares the guys who wear their MCP, MCSD, and MCDBA
    lapel pins at the same time like some kind of damn admiral.

    Guest, Nov 22, 2003
  8. Rob Mayo

    Jay Walters Guest

    Re: Double Certified? - Actually

    HAHAHA ROFL! I'm about to bust my gut just thinking about
    that!!

    No Way! You've seen people actually wearing them >?

    Jay Walters, Nov 22, 2003
  9. Rob Mayo

    Jay Walters Guest

    MS doesn't care about individual resumes unless you're
    hurting the brand. - even then - unless you're like a
    partner company advertising your developers'
    certifications for some reason, and MS gets a complaint
    from someone ..

    ahh fooey.

    Jay Walters, Nov 22, 2003
  10. Rob Mayo

    Guest Guest

    Re: Double Certified? - Actually

    All three of them on the left breast pocket of his green sport jacket. This
    was a job interview no less.

    Guest, Nov 22, 2003
  11. Re: Double Certified? - Actually

    That's just down right _____ (you fill in the blank...) ;-)

    Leigh Kendall, Nov 22, 2003
  12. Rob Mayo

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Re: Double Certified? - Actually

    >That's just down right _____ (you fill in the blank...) ;-)

    Have done, many a time!

    Kline Sphere, Nov 23, 2003
  13. Rob Mayo

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Re: Double Certified? - Actually

    >All three of them on the left breast pocket of his green sport jacket. This
    >was a job interview no less.

    A 'green sports jacket' at an interview?

    Kline Sphere, Nov 23, 2003
  14. Rob Mayo

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Re: Double Certified? - Actually

    >No Way! You've seen people actually wearing them >?

    Surely not!

    Kline Sphere, Nov 23, 2003
  15. Rob Mayo

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Re: Double Certified? - Actually

    >What gets on my nerves ares the guys who wear their MCP, MCSD, and MCDBA
    >lapel pins at the same time like some kind of damn admiral.

    Must be ex GI's!

    Kline Sphere, Nov 23, 2003
  16. Rob Mayo

    Guest Guest

    Re: Double Certified? - Actually

    H1B ;-)

    Guest, Nov 23, 2003
  17. Rob Mayo

    jj Guest

    Well, then Microsoft should find a way to delineate the
    certifications, or better yet, retire the old one like
    they used to do!

    J Jones
    MCP (male chauvinist pig)
    MCSD.VB6, MCSD.NET