    that required it.

    Thanks

    flierbk
    Bill, Sep 1, 2005

  2. Bill

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Bill" <> wrote in
    news:0VJRe.19307$-kc.rr.com:

    > I installed a new program that required dotnetfx (windows XP) I am
    > wondering if this will effect my computer in any way when I am not
    > using the program that required it.

    An application using .NET technology doesn't use the registry it uses the
    ..NetFramework.

    There are no shared components like DLL(s) and whatnot that must be placed
    in other directories like in the past for the application to execute as
    they are kept in the directory with the .Net program/application.

    Basically,.NET Windows applications are separate entities to themselves and
    everything is provided for them through the .NetFramework.

    So, it's not going to affect non .Net programs or even other .Net
    applications that may be running on the machine.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Sep 1, 2005