    --
    ..rev.mct.mcngp.44

    accepting it.
    ~Aristotle
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Jan 24, 2006

  2. The Rev [MCT]

    DST Guest

    Cesar Ronchese, Jan 24, 2006
  4. Thanks!

    Cesar Ronchese, Jan 24, 2006
  5. Certifications beginning now (with all the new certs like MCITP and MCPD)
    will expire at the end of their product support life cycle, while it is true
    the older certs like MCSD and got forbid the MCSE even on Windows NT 4.0
    will never expire as they are grandfathered.

    Source: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/newgen/faq/

    As for June of 2007, I've seen someone (maybe even you) use that date before
    and list a link to the retired exams page on MS Learning. Where are you
    getting your date from and why? There is no data to support the date June
    2007, unless of course that's the new date that SkyNet goes online, and no
    one told me about it.

    --
    ..rev.mct.mcngp.44

    accepting it.
    ~Aristotle
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Jan 24, 2006
  6. The Rev [MCT]

    DST Guest

    On http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/retired.asp you
    can read:

    "Announcements of exams that are scheduled for discontinuation will be
    made once a year in June on this Web site. Candidates who subscribe to
    the online newsletter MCP NewsFlash will receive notification by e-mail
    of an exam's impending discontinuation at least 12 months before that
    exam is no longer available."

    I read this as follows: if MS plans to retire the "MCAD/MCSD" exams
    now, they will announce it June 2006 on the "Exams Scheduled for
    Discontinuation table", and then it will take at least 12 months before
    those exam are no longer available, i.e. June 2007 at the earliest.

    I don't say it will happen on June 2007, I just say it won't happen
    before June 2007 when people ask when it will happen. And of course, if
    no announcement is made on June 2006 (and I don't expect MS to do it so
    soon), it won't be before June 2008.

    And I'm aware MS can change its mind about this and announce
    discontinuations that don't follow the timeline they outlined.

    DST
    DST, Jan 25, 2006
  7. That happens though. Look at the dates exams have died. They announce once a
    year, but they retire when they feel like it. Some of those times have
    direct connections to the product life cycle, not June. But I see where
    you're coming from.

    --
    ..rev.mct.mcngp.44

    accepting it.