    automatically enrolling its users in a $95 upgrade. You find out that
    you have been "upgraded" when the charge appears on your credit card,
    and you can't stop the upgrade or get your money back.
    L.T., Mar 31, 2006

  2. L.T.

    SgtMinor Guest

    L.T. wrote:
    > Please be warned that Doteasy engages in illegal and unfair business
    > practices. Because they are based in Canada, it is very hard for U.S.
    > customers to get justice. The biggest scam that Doteasy engages in is
    > automatically enrolling its users in a $95 upgrade. You find out that
    > you have been "upgraded" when the charge appears on your credit card,
    > and you can't stop the upgrade or get your money back.

    You mean you argued the charge with your credit card company and
    they refused to take action? What credit card do you use?
    SgtMinor, Apr 1, 2006

  3. L.T.

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About 3/31/2006 4:54:45 PM, Without Any Hesitation, L.T. Wrote
    The Following:

    > Please be warned that Doteasy engages in illegal and unfair business
    > practices. Because they are based in Canada, it is very hard for U.S.
    > customers to get justice. The biggest scam that Doteasy engages in is
    > automatically enrolling its users in a $95 upgrade. You find out that
    > you have been "upgraded" when the charge appears on your credit card,
    > and you can't stop the upgrade or get your money back.

    That sounds very strange as I have been with them for 8 years and
    never had a problem. I have also had quick response from Coustomer
    Service, both via email and on the phone.
    --
    Old Gringo
    The Future Is Not What It Use To Be.
    Old Gringo, Apr 1, 2006
  4. L.T.

    JANA Guest

    In Canada, businesses are very closely regulated by the government. Canada
    is a democratic country, but with a base that is from the British system.

    If you have a legitimate complaint about any Canadian business, you can
    complain to the government of Canada, or to the Better Business Bereau.
    Take care that your complaint is legitimate. They have law enforcement
    treaties between the US and Canada.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Apr 1, 2006
  5. L.T.

    elaich Guest

    "JANA" <> wrote in news::

    > In Canada, businesses are very closely regulated by the government.
    > Canada is a democratic country, but with a base that is from the
    > British system.

    Sounds a lot like the "Communist-wealth" of Virginia. LOL.
    elaich, Apr 1, 2006
  6. elaich wrote:
    > "JANA" <> wrote in news::
    >

    >>In Canada, businesses are very closely regulated by the government.
    >>Canada is a democratic country, but with a base that is from the
    >>British system.

    > Sounds a lot like the "Communist-wealth" of Virginia. LOL.

    I resent that. Not sure why yet, but mark it on your calendar.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 1, 2006
  7. L.T.

    Plato Guest

    L.T. wrote:

    > Please be warned that Doteasy engages in illegal and unfair business
    > practices. Because they are based in Canada, it is very hard for U.S.
    > customers to get justice. The biggest scam that Doteasy engages in is
    > automatically enrolling its users in a $95 upgrade. You find out that
    > you have been "upgraded" when the charge appears on your credit card,
    > and you can't stop the upgrade or get your money back.

    Easy. Call your credit card company. Ask for the fraud dept. Tell them
    the charge was NOT authorized and you will NOT pay it. Follow up with a
    formal letter to your credit card company. Done.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Apr 3, 2006