    workstation it already has the same ip we've acquired before we restarted the
    workstation. how can we make the workstation prompt first for auuthentication
    before it acquire ip address upon startup???
    acbgamir, Nov 19, 2007

  2. acbgamir

    Merv Guest

    On Nov 19, 2:28 am, "acbgamir" <u39193@uwe> wrote:
    > we're trying to test dot1x authentication on wired LAN and the set-up was
    > already completed according to the cisco documentation on setting up dot1x
    > for wired network, we've already tried to acquire ip address thru
    > authentication and it worked, the problem is everytime we try to restart the
    > workstation it already has the same ip we've acquired before we restarted the
    > workstation. how can we make the workstation prompt first for auuthentication
    > before it acquire ip address upon startup???

    You may also require Microsoft's portion of Network Access Protection
    (NAP) which I believe comes with Windows Vista and Windows Server
    2008. I believe Microsoft also plans to back-port this feature in
    Windows XP SP3.

    http://blogs.technet.com/nap/archive/tags/802.1x/default.aspx

    http://blogs.technet.com/nap/archive/2007/07/28/network-access-protection-deployment-planning.aspx

    see also
    Step-by-Step Guide: Demonstrate DHCP NAP Enforcement in a Test Lab
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...BB-18CE-40CB-8E59-188F7A198897&displaylang=en
    Merv, Nov 19, 2007