    actually play it, saying it can't detect MSCDEX.EXE. (This games
    needs the CD in the drive to play, no way around it). How can I get
    this to work?

    GraB, Apr 25, 2005

  2. GraB

    Mercury Guest

    You'll need a valid config.sys and autoexec.bat setup to load the usual dos
    things.
    IE mscdex, possibly sound and mouse drivers, and no doubt emm386.

    try a google on it.

    Mercury, Apr 25, 2005

  3. GraB

    Gordon Guest

    On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 01:44:10 +1200, Mercury wrote:

    > You'll need a valid config.sys and autoexec.bat setup to load the usual dos
    > things.
    > IE mscdex, possibly sound and mouse drivers, and no doubt emm386.

    Ah the talk of the old days. What had to be done back then.

    > try a google on it.

    Yep my memory is hazy on this. ;-)

    Gordon, Apr 26, 2005
  4. GraB

    Tim Guest

    You are so right.
    I thought about it and... thought "No way, can't be bothered detailing that
    answer."
    But then I do have a Win98 boot disc at hand so I suppose I could have been
    more helpful - there is a hint.
    - Tim

    Tim, Apr 26, 2005
  5. GraB

    DosFreak Guest

    DosFreak, Apr 27, 2005
  6. GraB

    GraB Guest

    On 26 Apr 2005 18:49:16 -0700, "DosFreak" <> wrote:

    >Try at http://vogons.zetafleet.com the official DosBox Forums.
    >
    >Offhand, I'd say that you didn't mount the CD drive.

    I did, I installed the game to the hard drive from the CD in DOSbox.
    I can't install it from DOS normally because this game chokes on the
    newish Radeon video card. It needed DOSbox's emulation of the S3 Trio
    card to continue.

    GraB, Apr 27, 2005