DOSBox 0.71 released today!

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jul 31, 2007.

  1. DOSBox, the DOS emulator that many in this NG use for running 16-bit apps,
    has had a new release today.
    This is what they say about this release:
    A bugfix release this time, but we couldn't resist adding a few new exciting
    features:
    Added a new recompiling cpu core which is easier to port!

    Added a x86_64 and a mipsel_32 recompiling core.

    Fixed hangups on certain platforms after long gameplay of several games.

    Fixed several joystick bugs.

    Improved cdrom support. (fixes for audio, iso and detection.)

    Improved SVGA and VESA. (detection and display)

    Fixed a few textmodes and improved ansi emulation a bit.

    Fixed pcspeaker and certain types of soundeffects.

    Added undocumented mousebackdoor.

    Made mount and imgmount a bit easier to use. (ioctl by default, support
    for ~ and ~username, auto size guessing for images)

    Fix a few compilation problems on various hosts and a general code
    cleanup.

    Several small fixes that improve compatibility.
    The compatibility should be the same as 0.70 aside from the games we fixed
    Unquote

    Can't wait?
    Download it here:
    http://sourceforge.net/project/down...OSBox0.71-win32-installer.exe&use_mirror=ufpr

    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jul 31, 2007

  2. I downloaded DOSBox .72 and now have a full screen at command prompt.
    However, when I go into my DOS accounting program, screen returns to small
    size. Is there a way around this?
    --
    Dee

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVl?=, Sep 24, 2007