    that would fix this problem....... the game played ok otherwise.... I just
    can
    not read the menu items
    don, Jul 22, 2005

  2. "don" <> wrote in message
    news:dbrc62$2ah$...
    > I tried loading Chessmaster 3000 onto my Windows 98 computer and it seemed
    > to load ok , but all the text was scrambled..... is there a text setting
    > that would fix this problem....... the game played ok otherwise.... I

    just
    > can
    > not read the menu items

    A lot of old DOS games are shit on modern Windows, I loaded Sensible World
    of Soccer which worked very oddly indeed.
    Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger, Jul 22, 2005

  3. don

    Shep© Guest

    On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 13:59:31 -0400 As Andoids Dreamed Of Electric
    Sheep and then "don" <> wrote :

    >I tried loading Chessmaster 3000 onto my Windows 98 computer and it seemed
    >to load ok , but all the text was scrambled..... is there a text setting
    >that would fix this problem....... the game played ok otherwise.... I just
    >can
    >not read the menu items

    It was a crap program when it was brought out.Nothing to do with DOS
    etc.
    Loads of better freebies around,
    http://www.chesscentral.com/chess_download/Free_Chess_Software.htm
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=free chess program&meta=