    i need to do this for a driver floppy required for install
    tried this w/ no luck

    copy e:\via\file\driver\txtsetup /a:
    jsc, Jul 26, 2004

  2. jsc

    SgtMinor Guest

    Leave out the slash before a:

    SgtMinor, Jul 26, 2004

  3. jsc

    jsc Guest

    that worked.. for single files, but how do i copy an entire directory from
    cd to floppy... sorry been long time since i have had to even access dos

    jsc, Jul 27, 2004
  4. jsc

    SgtMinor Guest

    Not sure what you mean, but to copy all files from e:\via\file\driver\
    to a floppy along with txtsetup you could type the command copy
    e:\via\file\driver\*.* a: at the DOS prompt.

    SgtMinor, Jul 27, 2004
  5. jsc

    jsc Guest

    that just copies the single files, wont copy the whoany directories inside
    the directory.. no worries.. i'll just have to hunt down someone and borrow
    their computer and transfer the files from cd to floppy. just pain in the
    ass

    jsc, Jul 27, 2004
  6. jsc

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Here ya go...

    xcopy e:\via\file\driver\*.* a: /s

    The /s is for subdirectories. You may also want to use /v at the end - for
    verify - although it slows it down some, since it reads back the copy to
    compare it to the original.

    "jsc" <> wrote in message
    >| that just copies the single files, wont copy the whoany directories
    >| inside the directory.. no worries.. i'll just have to hunt down
    >| someone and borrow their computer and transfer the files from cd to
    >| floppy. just pain in the ass
    >|
    >| "SgtMinor" <> wrote in message
    >| > Not sure what you mean, but to copy all files from
    >| > e:\via\file\driver\ to a floppy along with txtsetup you could type
    >| > the command copy e:\via\file\driver\*.* a: at the DOS prompt.

    >| from

    >| support

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~
    Toolman Tim, Jul 27, 2004
  7. jsc

    splatterer Guest

    go to www.AllBootDisks.com

    splatterer, Jul 27, 2004
  8. jsc

    Ava Keech Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 22:37:35 GMT, "jsc" <> wrote:

    >need to make a floppy disk, and using win 98 boot disk with cdrom support to
    >boot to dos.
    >how do i copy files and folders from a cd drive (drive e:) to floppy drive,
    >i need to do this for a driver floppy required for install
    >tried this w/ no luck
    >copy e:\via\file\driver\txtsetup /a:

    Use a file manager! For DOS I like Volkov Commander. Get it here:

    http://www.egner-online.de/vc/
    Ava Keech, Jul 27, 2004
  9. jsc

    fkasner Guest

    splatterer wrote:
    > go to www.AllBootDisks.com
    >

    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Here ya go...
    >>
    >>xcopy e:\via\file\driver\*.* a: /s
    >>
    >>The /s is for subdirectories. You may also want to use /v at the end - for
    >>verify - although it slows it down some, since it reads back the copy to
    >>compare it to the original.
    >>

    >>"jsc" <> wrote in message

    >>--
    >>"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where
    >> THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Not quite correct. What the "v" parameter does is compare the original
    stuff with the stuff that was sent. It does not read the target to see
    what actually was recorded there. A common mistake about this DOS
    command. It leads to a false sense of security. You can have a bad disk
    or a bad disk drive and nothing gets recorded and this command parameter
    will assure it that it was OK.
    FK
    fkasner, Jul 27, 2004
  10. jsc

    jsc Guest

    thank you much, commander worked like a charm, took awhile as i had to make
    all the folders then copy the files, but it worked.
    booted using win 98 boot disk then copied vc file to c: from cd and it ran
    no prob
    thanks again...and for my problem of installing xp onto my sata drive...
    seems to be working great now that i have the disk =)

    jsc, Jul 27, 2004
  11. jsc

    Reid Decker Guest

    When you can copy a CD to a floppy please tell me how so I can do it.
    All the floppies I have only hold 1.44 MBs, most CDs would have more on them
    than a floppy would handle, or am I wrong? A Newbie

    Reid Decker, Jul 28, 2004
  12. Reid Decker, after spending 3 minutes figuring out which end of the pen to use,
    wrote:

    > When you...

    Quit breathing...it's clear it's painful for you.
    Himalayan sushie, Jul 29, 2004
  13. jsc

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Himalayan sushie" <> wrote in message
    >| Reid Decker, after spending 3 minutes figuring out which end of the
    >| pen to use, wrote:
    >|
    >| > When you...
    >|
    >| Quit breathing...it's clear it's painful for you.

    Maybe not for HIM, but it certainly is for US! (TINU)

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~
    Toolman Tim, Jul 29, 2004