    As long as the other words are present any entry brings
    up "Is not recognised as an internal or external command"
    Can anyone please tell me how to rectify the situation.

    mick, Jan 17, 2004

  2. mick

    Mariano Guest

    to get back to the basic C:\ use the command

    cd ..

    Mariano

    Mariano, Jan 17, 2004

  3. mick

    mick Guest

    Thanks for your reply Mariano but typing cd does not work.
    As I said before I think this is because of the other
    words after the prompt so that the new instruction
    includes everything in the line, which is why I wish to
    delete it and get back to c:\

    mick, Jan 17, 2004
  4. you aren't following Mariano's instructions--type cd.. press enter

    that is cd.. not cd

    Associate Expert
    Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at

    Larry Samuels, Jan 17, 2004
  5. mick

    Guest Guest

    try typing cd\
    then hitting the enter key

    Guest, Jan 18, 2004
  6. mick

    andy Guest

    type cd\

    andy, Jan 18, 2004
  7. mick

    mick Guest

    Many thanks Larry for removing the blinkers from my eyes!
    and thanks again to Mariano.

    mick, Jan 18, 2004
  8. You're very welcome--that dot dot is easy to miss in a small font <G>

    Larry Samuels, Jan 18, 2004
  9. mick

    Sandra Guest

    Good old DOS.