    mode if any crash happens.
    Please may I find help?
    My Best.
    Saref Aref, Jul 9, 2004

  2. Saref Aref

    HF Guest

    It will not be F - it will be advanced by a letter with a boot disk since
    the boot disk adds a ram drive to load its stuff on. Try booting and
    changing drives to G: instead.In fact change to G: and type dir to check.
    "Saref Aref" <> wrote in message
    > G'Day every one
    > :My combo drive (Cd RW), takes the Letter F:\
    > This drive works good under windows (ME)
    > But when I bring DOS program by "Startup Disk", the F:\ drive (COMBO), can
    > not appear in DOS mode.So I can not fix any problem by this drive in DOS
    > mode if any crash happens.
    > Please may I find help?
    > My Best.

    ---
    HF, Jul 9, 2004

  3. Saref Aref

    Wizard Guest

    This all assumes that the dos drivers are loading from config.sys and
    autoexec.bat.

    Wizard, Jul 9, 2004
  4. Saref Aref

    Stuart Guest

    Wizard wrote:

    > This all assumes that the dos drivers are loading from config.sys and
    > autoexec.bat.

    and assumes he has cdrom drivers loading too.

    Stuart
    Stuart, Jul 9, 2004
  5. Saref Aref

    Wizard Guest

    Isn't that exactly what I said?

    Wizard, Jul 9, 2004
  6. Which they most likely are if he's using the standard 'Startup Disk'
    prepared by WinME. (And assuming that he's choosing the CD Support
    option from the menu-but let's give him at least a little credit, OK?)

    Reasons why the drivers wouldn't be loading are that his particular
    Combo drive requires specialized drivers or they he's using a customized
    startup disk. It's been a while since I've seen a drive that won't work
    with the standard drivers so my first question would be about the
    startup disk.

    Of course even with a standard startup disk he should realize that the
    'combo' features of his drive won't be available-it'll appear only as a
    standard CD-ROM drive.

    Calvin Crumrine, Jul 9, 2004
  7. Saref Aref

    Stuart Guest

    Wizard wrote:

    >>>This all assumes that the dos drivers are loading from config.sys and
    >>>autoexec.bat.

    >>and assumes he has cdrom drivers loading too.
    >>
    >>Stuart

    >>Wizard wrote:

    > Isn't that exactly what I said?

    You just mentioned dos drivers, not specifically cdrom drivers, there
    are other drivers that could be loading from the boot disc, I just
    wanted to make it clear to the OP.

    Stuart

    P.S. Top posting makes it awkward to follow threads.
    Stuart, Jul 12, 2004
  8. Saref Aref

    Wizard Guest

    Top posting is now the norm because it is much quicker to follow
    threads. Yours is an old, outdated argument.

    Wizard, Jul 12, 2004
  9. Saref Aref

    colin Guest

    > > There`s

    > Are you answering the question for Wizard, you ::II::? If you're not, then
    > shut the **** up because you can bet you wouldn't jump in his grave if he
    > died tomorrow, eh.

    Nooo; I`m just trying to clarify, as to top-post or not.
    Wizard, don`t know at all...let alone jump in his grave.
    You should stop slinging your continual abuse, as you do have some very good
    advice to give; but at the same time, no-one really appreciates being told
    to shut the **** up:)
    colin, Jul 12, 2004
  10. Saref Aref

    colin Guest

    > > Nooo

    > Then shut the **** up, retard. What did you not understand about that the
    > first time you were told?

    Are you looking for a whipping-boy?
    If not then take your own advice.
    colin, Jul 12, 2004
  11. colin wrote:
    >>> Nooo

    >> Then shut the **** up, retard. What did you not understand about
    >> that the first time you were told?
    >>

    > Are you looking for a whipping-boy?

    For the third time, shut the **** up. What did you not understand about that
    the first and second times you were told?
    colin, the ornamental feather seller, Jul 12, 2004
  12. Saref Aref

    colin Guest

    > >> Then shut the **** up, retard. What did you not understand about
    > >> that the first time you were told?
    > >>

    > > Are you looking for a whipping-boy?

    > For the third time, shut the **** up. What did you not understand about

    that
    > the first and second times you were told?

    Lol, is there a fourth time?
    colin, Jul 12, 2004
  13. Saref Aref

    colin Guest

    > >> For the third time, shut the **** up. What did you not understand
    > >> about that the first and second times you were told?
    > >>

    > > Lol, is there a fourth time?

    > For the fourth time, shut the **** up. What did you not understand
    > about that the first, second and third times you were told?

    You remind me of a regular poster here in oz, (with your repetitive
    replies); so for your entertainment....
    http://www.sensationbot.com/chat-rodspeed.html

    Who knows, you`re probably related:)
    colin, Jul 12, 2004
  14. colin wrote:

    >>> Lol, is there a fourth time?

    >> For the fourth time, shut the **** up. What did you not understand
    >> about that the first, second and third times you were told?
    >>

    > You

    Shut the **** up. That's now five times. Is it the word **** you're having
    trouble with? What?
    colin, the illogical, flashing lout, Jul 12, 2004
  15. Saref Aref

    colin Guest

    > > You

    > Shut the **** up. That's now five times. Is it the word **** you're having
    > trouble with? What?

    Naah, I know what a **** is...although you usually have it in within your
    grasp:)
    colin, Jul 12, 2004
  16. colin wrote:
    >>> You

    >> Shut the **** up. That's now five times. Is it the word **** you're
    >> having trouble with? What?
    >>

    > Naah

    Shut the **** up, for the sitxth time. Do you need it dumbed down for you,
    you crawling, rock-bottom bouncer?
    colin, the bulbaceous, disanimating gallows bird, Jul 12, 2004
  17. Saref Aref

    colin Guest

    > >> Shut the **** up. That's now five times. Is it the word **** you're
    > >> having trouble with? What?
    > >>

    > > Naah

    > Shut the **** up, for the sitxth (sixth( time. Do you need it dumbed down

    for you,
    > you crawling, rock-bottom bouncer?

    Yup, I`m one of those computer e-literates, that won`t be to told to shut
    the **** up by a computer.:)
    colin, Jul 12, 2004
  18. colin wrote:

    >>> Naah

    >> Shut the **** up, for the sitxth (sixth( time. Do you need it dumbed
    >> down for you, you crawling, rock-bottom bouncer?
    >>

    > Yup

    **** off.

    Easy enough, you dyed-in-the-wool, squeaking febrifuge?

    <aside>
    The fuckwit even went for the typo lame.
    colin, the pedantic, mopping skullfucker, Jul 12, 2004
  19. Saref Aref

    colin Guest

    > **** off.

    don`t know how to.
    can you explain?
    colin, Jul 12, 2004
  20. colin, the poached, depicturing truck driver, Jul 12, 2004