    But I am unable to do so because the keyboard or mouse does not respond. I tried reinstalling WindowsMe, but the problem remains. I fear there is something wrong at the lowest level. Does anyone know what might cause this, and how to correct it?

    Often, too, after reaching Windows, the letters or spaces do not repeat when a key is held down. I mention this, not as a separate problem, but in case it may have some bearing on the above problem. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

    Running WinMe at 1.8G 256 RAM

    Anastasio A Rossi, Feb 7, 2004

  2. Anastasio A Rossi

    Kay Archer Guest

    "Anastasio A Rossi" <> wrote in message
    news:_u9Vb.4273$...
    > If I boot up with a CD, a DOS screen comes up, asking if I want to boot

    from CD-ROM or Hard Disk. (options are to enter 1, or 2).
    > But I am unable to do so because the keyboard or mouse does not respond. I

    tried reinstalling WindowsMe, but the problem remains. I fear there is
    something wrong at the lowest level. Does anyone know what might cause this,
    and how to correct it?

    > Often, too, after reaching Windows, the letters or spaces do not repeat

    when a key is held down. I mention this, not as a separate problem, but in
    case it may have some bearing on the above problem. Any suggestions will be
    greatly appreciated.

    > Running WinMe at 1.8G 256 RAM

    Are you, by chance, using USB keyboard and mouse?

    Kay Archer, Feb 7, 2004

  3. Anastasio A Rossi

    Professor Guest

    When you reach the DOS screen asking to boot form the CD-ROM or Hard Disk
    you are supposed to use the arrow key to scroll up or down to the choice you
    want to make. If you are trying to reinstall Windows you boot from the
    CD-ROM and it will scan your C drive to see if there are any errors.

    Professor, Feb 8, 2004