    --
    I made magic once. Now the sofa is gone.
    http://www.dwacon.com
    dwacon, Jan 18, 2005

  2. dwacon

    Guest

    On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:56:19 -0500, "dwacon" <>
    wrote:

    |> Don't ya hate when someone calls and says, "Hey, you know about computers,
    |> right? Well why don't you stop by and take a look at why mine won't
    |> print..."
    |>
    |> I wish I could call a mechanic and say, "Hey, why don't you stop by and swap
    |> out my spark plugs..."

    Funny you should mention this, In the last three days I have help'd a
    friend completely rewire an old VW, Think I'm getting a dinner out of it
    :)

    --
    , Jan 18, 2005

  3. dwacon

    wrote:

    >Don't ya hate when someone calls and says, "Hey, you know about computers,
    >right? Well why don't you stop by and take a look at why mine won't
    >print..."

    >I wish I could call a mechanic and say, "Hey, why don't you stop by and swap
    >out my spark plugs..."

    A friend has a sign of his pick up ...

    YES, THIS IS MY TRUCK.

    NO, I WON'T HELP YOU MOVE.

    Ken.
    , Jan 18, 2005
  4. On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:56:19 -0500, "dwacon" <>
    wrote:

    >Don't ya hate when someone calls and says, "Hey, you know about computers,
    >right? Well why don't you stop by and take a look at why mine won't
    >print..."
    > ..... snip .....

    I hate it more when they try to get an analysis of their problem over
    the phone!

    --
    The Aussie Bomber
    Carn The Dons!!
    Aussie Bomber, Jan 18, 2005
  5. dwacon

    jils Guest

    amazing. i'd sooner get my dinner out of a restaurant, or at least a
    kitchen;)

    jils, Jan 18, 2005
  6. dwacon

    jils Guest

    i hate it more when you try to help and fail, and they blame you for
    losing all their data. they don't ask again though!!

    jils, Jan 18, 2005
  7. dwacon

    Richard Guest

    On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:56:19 -0500 dwacon wrote:

    > Don't ya hate when someone calls and says, "Hey, you know about
    > computers,
    > right? Well why don't you stop by and take a look at why mine won't
    > print..."

    > I wish I could call a mechanic and say, "Hey, why don't you stop by and
    > swap
    > out my spark plugs..."

    Sure thing dude. $50 an hour. One hour minimum.
    Richard, Jan 18, 2005
  8. Blinky the Shark, Jan 18, 2005
  9. dwacon

    doS Guest

    dwacon wrote:
    > Don't ya hate when someone calls and says, "Hey, you know about
    > computers, right? Well why don't you stop by and take a look at why
    > mine won't print..."
    >
    > I wish I could call a mechanic and say, "Hey, why don't you stop by
    > and swap out my spark plugs..."

    I thought if I started charging for rebuilds, adding software etc, my
    friends would leave me alone. I now have money.
    doS, Jan 18, 2005
  10. dwacon

    testing Guest

    testing