    5- Eps 1-6 in a special box with new extras*
    6 - The originals (2008) my guess

    *gotta give em something new to re buy again & again

    Recordhead, Feb 17, 2004

  2. Recordhead

    CLOSEDOWN8 Guest

    Yeah, George Lucas is the king of DVD re-releases. It's obvious that he'll put
    anyting out on DVD just to make a buck. Look at all the re-releases the "Star
    Wars" trilogy already has thanks to LucasFilm. They also crapped "Episode I"
    out on DVD as soon as possible. Let's not forget the "Indiana Jones" trilogy,
    which was rushed out way back in '97 to cash in on the format's debut. Oh,
    wait, I'm mistaken. LucasFilm actually has a history of taking their time on
    DVD releases. They only re-release any of their films has recieved was the
    "American Graffiti" films, which were simply put onto a double-sided disc with
    no change in content. Let's face it: the original versions of the classic
    "Star Wars" trilogy will never be released again because GEORGE LUCAS DOESN'T
    WANT THEM TO BE RELEASED! If it were up to other people, we would have had
    multiple versions of pretty much every LucasFilm property on DVD years ago but
    it's not, it's up to him, he takes his time with DVD releases and doesn't
    revisit them.

    >We're talking about the king of reissues here. In a few years once the
    >coming
    >set has sold all it can he will issue the originals to make more cash.
    >
    >1 - Special Editions box
    >2 - Episode 3
    >3 - Box set with Eps 1-3 with new extras*
    >4 - SE 4-6 box w/ extras*
    >5- Eps 1-6 in a special box with new extras*
    >6 - The originals (2008) my guess
    >
    >*gotta give em something new to re buy again & again

    --------------------------------
    "That's the worst reverse-acting I've ever seen!" -Sam Raimi

    CLOSEDOWN8, Feb 19, 2004

  3. Recordhead

    Recordhead Guest

    I'm talking about the VHS releases of Star Wars. He boxed that thing twice in
    three years.

    Recordhead, Feb 19, 2004
  4. Recordhead

    Jay G Guest

    CLOSEDOWN8 <> wrote:
    > They also crapped "Episode I" out on DVD as soon as possible.

    Ep 1 wasn't out on DVD as soon as possible. It took
    over 2 years before it showed up on DVD. By
    comparison, The Matrix, which came out before
    Ep 1, was released on DVD a more standard
    six months later.

    -Jay

    Jay G, Feb 20, 2004
  5. Recordhead

    CLOSEDOWN8 Guest

    >Ep 1 wasn't out on DVD as soon as possible. It took
    >over 2 years before it showed up on DVD. By
    >comparison, The Matrix, which came out before
    >Ep 1, was released on DVD a more standard
    >six months later.

    Did you even read my post?
    --------------------------------
    "That's the worst reverse-acting I've ever seen!" -Sam Raimi

    CLOSEDOWN8, Feb 20, 2004
  6. Recordhead

    Jay G Guest

    Yes, and I took issue with this line you wrote:
    CLOSEDOWN8 <> wrote:
    > They also crapped "Episode I" out on DVD as soon as possible.

    Unless by "as soon as possible" you meant "four times longer
    than most movies take."

    -Jay

    Jay G, Feb 20, 2004
  7. "Jay G" <> wrote in message
    > CLOSEDOWN8 <> wrote:
    > > They also crapped "Episode I" out on DVD as soon as possible.

    > Ep 1 wasn't out on DVD as soon as possible. It took
    > over 2 years before it showed up on DVD. By
    > comparison, The Matrix, which came out before
    > Ep 1, was released on DVD a more standard
    > six months later.
    >
    > -Jay

    Not real sharp, are you? That's a technique known as "sarcasm" whereby the
    speaker says something that is quite obviously not true to make the opposite
    point.

    Psych-O-Delic Voodoo Thunder Pig, Feb 21, 2004
  8. Recordhead

    Jay G Guest

    Jay G <> wrote:
    > CLOSEDOWN8 <> wrote:
    >>> Ep 1 wasn't out on DVD as soon as possible. It took
    >>> over 2 years before it showed up on DVD. By
    >>> comparison, The Matrix, which came out before
    >>> Ep 1, was released on DVD a more standard
    >>> six months later.

    >> Did you even read my post?

    Wait, did you mean your *entire* post? I've reread
    it and have realized that you were being sarcastic.
    I apologize for the error.

    -Jay

    Jay G, Feb 21, 2004
  9. Recordhead

    CLOSEDOWN8 Guest

    >Yes, and I took issue with this line you wrote:

    To which I must ask again: did you actually read my post?
    --------------------------------
    "That's the worst reverse-acting I've ever seen!" -Sam Raimi

    CLOSEDOWN8, Feb 21, 2004
  10. "The Empire Strikes Out"

    Waterperson77, Feb 21, 2004
  11. Recordhead

    BubbCoop Guest

    <<Not real sharp, are you? That's a technique known as "sarcasm" whereby the
    speaker says something that is quite obviously not true to make the opposite
    point.>>

    then perhaps the problem is you weren't speaking.

    BubbCoop, Feb 21, 2004
  12. From on top of The Wall I yelled "YOU! YES YOU Waterperson77
    <>! Stand still laddie. Oh, and which one is
    Pink?"
    > "The Empire Strikes Out"

    That means you are leaving, right?

    --
    Demolition Man
    A reminder to the world....

    Demolition Man, Feb 22, 2004

  13. > then perhaps the problem is you weren't speaking.

    Certainly not to you.

    Psych-O-Delic Voodoo Thunder Pig, Feb 24, 2004