    heatsink, I would have received a new CPU with a new heatsink and an
    additional one year warranty. I'm just lucky to get whatever they send me
    now.
    Michael-NC, Aug 1, 2004

  2. Michael-NC

    Joe Guest

    Good to know but just out of curiosity how many non overclocked processors
    have you seen go out? I don't repair them for a living but have worked on
    and built quite a few and have replace numerous CD's, Hard Drives, Floppies
    and power supplies and a few video cards and modems but not one single
    processor.

    Joe

    Joe, Aug 1, 2004

  3. Michael-NC

    Michael-NC Guest

    "Joe" <> wrote in message
    > Good to know but just out of curiosity how many non overclocked processors
    > have you seen go out? I don't repair them for a living but have worked on
    > and built quite a few and have replace numerous CD's, Hard Drives,

    Floppies
    > and power supplies and a few video cards and modems but not one single
    > processor.
    >
    > Joe

    I admit, it's rare but that Palomino went out on me. It started being
    recognized as a 500 or 667 MHz cpu, depending on what fsb was selected.
    Anyhows, if you do buy a retail CPU, keep that heatsink, you never know.

    Michael-NC, Aug 1, 2004
  4. Michael-NC

    Ionizer Guest

    Spam report id 1151176081 sent to: abuse @ verizon.net