don't take it seriously

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Dumbell, Jul 26, 2009.

  1. Dumbell

    Dumbell Guest

    Dumbell, Jul 26, 2009

  2. Dumbell

    Guest

    "Dumbell" <> wrote:

    >foreclosed house
    >
    >http://www.ozzzini.com/?p=7072
    >
    >God's punishment to women:
    >
    >http://www.ozzzini.com/?p=7076

    Damn! I can't access those sites!

    Must be cause it's in my HOSTS file, 127.0.0.1 www.ozini.com

    Under the blurb:
    "These sites hijack internet explorer
    # and redirect all requests through their servers. You may need to
    spyware
    # removal programs such as SpyBotS&amp;D, AdAware or HijackThis to
    remove this
    # nasty parasite."

    http://someonewhocares.org/hosts/
    --

    Private Property
    http://iphotoforum.com/

    , Jul 26, 2009

  3. Dumbell

    Norton Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > "Dumbell" <> wrote:
    >
    >>foreclosed house
    >>
    >>http://www.ozzzini.com/?p=7072
    >>
    >>God's punishment to women:
    >>
    >>http://www.ozzzini.com/?p=7076

    > Damn! I can't access those sites!
    >
    > Must be cause it's in my HOSTS file, 127.0.0.1 www.ozini.com
    >
    > Under the blurb:
    > "These sites hijack internet explorer
    > # and redirect all requests through their servers. You may need to
    > spyware
    > # removal programs such as SpyBotS&amp;D, AdAware or HijackThis to
    > remove this
    > # nasty parasite."
    >
    > http://someonewhocares.org/hosts/
    > --
    >
    > Private Property
    > http://iphotoforum.com/

    It might be one of the shenanigans of the company placing ads on the page.
    Mostly likely something innocuous albeit annoying.

    Norton, Jul 26, 2009
  4. Norton <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<4a6ccdfe$0$10256$>:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> "Dumbell" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>foreclosed house
    >>>
    >>>http://www.ozzzini.com/?p=7072
    >>>
    >>>God's punishment to women:
    >>>
    >>>http://www.ozzzini.com/?p=7076

    >> Damn! I can't access those sites!
    >>
    >> Must be cause it's in my HOSTS file, 127.0.0.1 www.ozini.com
    >>
    >> Under the blurb:
    >> "These sites hijack internet explorer
    >> # and redirect all requests through their servers. You may need to
    >> spyware
    >> # removal programs such as SpyBotS&amp;D, AdAware or HijackThis to
    >> remove this
    >> # nasty parasite."
    >>
    >> http://someonewhocares.org/hosts/
    >> --
    >>
    >> Private Property
    >> http://iphotoforum.com/

    >It might be one of the shenanigans of the company placing ads on the

    page.
    >Mostly likely something innocuous albeit annoying.

    Thats why its nice to run a fast no-java browser for sites you're not
    sure of.
    OffByOne is a pretty good choice.

    HTH

    §ñühw¤£f, Jul 27, 2009
  5. Diabolic Preacher, Jul 30, 2009
  6. Dumbell

    Guest

    Diabolic Preacher <> wrote:

    >On 7/27/2009 3:08 AM, wrote:
    >> "Dumbell"<> wrote:
    >>
    >>> foreclosed house
    >>>
    >>> http://www.ozzzini.com/?p=7072
    >>>
    >>> God's punishment to women:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.ozzzini.com/?p=7076

    >the original domain names were ozini.com is it the misspelling of 3 z's
    >that caused the site to get blocked?

    No, I put those there, I'm not going to plug spam.

    It's common practice, if you have a need to post a spam link, there's
    no sense in giving them a free ride; I use Z's, I feel they are more
    obvious as to what you did.
    --

    Tie your sneakers
    www.popgive.com/2008/06/few-diferent-ways-to-tie-your-sneakers.html

    , Jul 31, 2009
  7. wrote:

    > Diabolic Preacher <> wrote:
    >> the original domain names were ozini.com is it the misspelling of 3
    >> z's that caused the site to get blocked?

    > No, I put those there, I'm not going to plug spam.
    >
    > It's common practice, if you have a need to post a spam link, there's
    > no sense in giving them a free ride; I use Z's, I feel they are more
    > obvious as to what you did.

    May I suggest you mung links in the following manner instead? This way,
    they become unclickable, and becomes obvious as to your intent. Keeps
    the innocent from wondering why they got a 404.

    hXXp://www.ozini.com/?p=7072

    ...or use Zs instead of Xs if you like.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 31, 2009
  8. Dumbell

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 07:21:50 -0400, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >> Diabolic Preacher <> wrote:
    >>> the original domain names were ozini.com is it the misspelling of 3
    >>> z's that caused the site to get blocked?

    >> No, I put those there, I'm not going to plug spam.
    >>
    >> It's common practice, if you have a need to post a spam link, there's
    >> no sense in giving them a free ride; I use Z's, I feel they are more
    >> obvious as to what you did.

    > May I suggest you mung links in the following manner instead? This way,
    > they become unclickable, and becomes obvious as to your intent. Keeps
    > the innocent from wondering why they got a 404.
    >
    > hXXp://www.ozini.com/?p=7072
    >
    > ..or use Zs instead of Xs if you like.

    Bad move, Beau. In my reader, everything to the right of the double-slash
    becomes a proper link. Clicking on it took me to the page intended.

    Perhaps replacing a 'w' in 'www' with an 'x' or a 'z' or whatever might
    work better.

    Aardvark, Jul 31, 2009
  9. Aardvark wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> May I suggest you mung links in the following manner instead? This way,
    >> they become unclickable, and becomes obvious as to your intent. Keeps
    >> the innocent from wondering why they got a 404.
    >>
    >> hXXp://www.ozini.com/?p=7072
    >>
    >> ..or use Zs instead of Xs if you like.

    > Bad move, Beau. In my reader, everything to the right of the double-slash
    > becomes a proper link. Clicking on it took me to the page intended.

    Ooh, I wasn't aware any readers would break the URL into parts. In fact,
    my Pan 0.14.2.91 renders "hXXp" unclickable. I see you're using 0.133 -
    that must be one of the changes nobody wanted. <g>

    > Perhaps replacing a 'w' in 'www' with an 'x' or a 'z' or whatever might
    > work better.

    Maybe so. I'll give it some thought.

    http://ZZZ.ozini.com/?p=7072

    ...but as ZZZ could be a legitimate sub-domain, it would still be
    clickable. :-(

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 31, 2009
  10. Dumbell

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 09:17:47 -0400, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:
    >
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>> May I suggest you mung links in the following manner instead? This
    >>> way, they become unclickable, and becomes obvious as to your intent.
    >>> Keeps the innocent from wondering why they got a 404.
    >>>
    >>> hXXp://www.ozini.com/?p=7072
    >>>
    >>> ..or use Zs instead of Xs if you like.

    >> Bad move, Beau. In my reader, everything to the right of the
    >> double-slash becomes a proper link. Clicking on it took me to the page
    >> intended.

    > Ooh, I wasn't aware any readers would break the URL into parts. In fact,
    > my Pan 0.14.2.91 renders "hXXp" unclickable. I see you're using 0.133 -
    > that must be one of the changes nobody wanted. <g>

    :)

    >> Perhaps replacing a 'w' in 'www' with an 'x' or a 'z' or whatever might
    >> work better.

    > Maybe so. I'll give it some thought.
    >
    > http://ZZZ.ozini.com/?p=7072

    Well, that's an improvement. 'Page not available'.

    > ..but as ZZZ could be a legitimate sub-domain, it would still be
    > clickable. :-(

    Shit! Back to the drawing board, eh?

    Aardvark, Jul 31, 2009
  11. Aardvark <> deflatulated this with

    > On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 09:17:47 -0400, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >
    >> Aardvark wrote:

    >>> Bad move, Beau. In my reader, everything to the right of the
    >>> double-slash becomes a proper link. Clicking on it took me to the page
    >>> intended.

    >> Ooh, I wasn't aware any readers would break the URL into parts. In fact,
    >> my Pan 0.14.2.91 renders "hXXp" unclickable. I see you're using 0.133 -
    >> that must be one of the changes nobody wanted. <g>
    >>

    >:)
    >
    >>> Perhaps replacing a 'w' in 'www' with an 'x' or a 'z' or whatever might
    >>> work better.

    >> Maybe so. I'll give it some thought.
    >>
    >> http://ZZZ.ozini.com/?p=7072

    > Well, that's an improvement. 'Page not available'.
    >

    >> ..but as ZZZ could be a legitimate sub-domain, it would still be
    >> clickable. :-(

    > Shit! Back to the drawing board, eh?

    Back to the STFU would be good!
    Or back to the K-mart for a refund on your GED...
    We don't need a drawing-Nazi now.

    HTH & HAND.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ; and *NO*,
    that is NOT a Jedi light-sabre in my pocket; but,

    "Stupid is as '§ñühw¤£f' does." --Forrest Gump's Mamma
    "Run 'Lookout', Run!" --Forrest Gump's Jenny

    Bucky Breeder, Jul 31, 2009
  12. Aardvark wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Aardvark wrote:

    >>> Bad move, Beau. In my reader, everything to the right of the
    >>> double-slash becomes a proper link. Clicking on it took me to the page
    >>> intended.

    >> Ooh, I wasn't aware any readers would break the URL into parts. In fact,
    >> my Pan 0.14.2.91 renders "hXXp" unclickable. I see you're using 0.133 -
    >> that must be one of the changes nobody wanted. <g>
    >>

    > :)
    >>
    >> Maybe so. I'll give it some thought.
    >>
    >> http://ZZZ.ozini.com/?p=7072

    > Well, that's an improvement. 'Page not available'.

    N00bs may be confused...

    >> ..but as ZZZ could be a legitimate sub-domain, it would still be
    >> clickable. :-(

    > Shit! Back to the drawing board, eh?

    When I installed Ub 8.04, Pan 0.132 was the current release. I'd read some
    bits about how it was now being handled by a new bunch of Pan People, who
    had decided to rewrite the whole app (in some new language), and dropped a
    lot of the previous functionality. But apparently added clicking munged
    links.

    Anyone else using a reader where the "hXXp" link above is clickable?

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 31, 2009
  13. The Old Sourdough wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty mumbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >> Anyone else using a reader where the "hXXp" link above is clickable?

    > slrn just drops the hXXp:// and the "www....... part" becomes clickable
    > and loads. It's not clickable in Pan 0.14.2.91 or Knode.

    Aha. Then perhaps we need a new "acceptable munging standard." Use spaces.

    http:// www. ozini. com/?p=7072

    This shouldn't be clickable anywhere. ;-)

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 31, 2009
  14. On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 09:50:00 -0400, above the shrieking, whining & FUDding
    of the trolls Beauregard T. Shagnasty was heard to say:

    > Aardvark wrote:
    >
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    >>> Ooh, I wasn't aware any readers would break the URL into parts. In
    >>> fact, my Pan 0.14.2.91 renders "hXXp" unclickable. I see you're using
    >>> 0.133 - that must be one of the changes nobody wanted. <g>
    >>>

    >> :)
    >>>
    >>> Maybe so. I'll give it some thought.
    >>>
    >>> http://ZZZ.ozini.com/?p=7072

    >> Well, that's an improvement. 'Page not available'.

    > N00bs may be confused...
    >
    >>> ..but as ZZZ could be a legitimate sub-domain, it would still be
    >>> clickable. :-(

    >> Shit! Back to the drawing board, eh?

    > When I installed Ub 8.04, Pan 0.132 was the current release. I'd read
    > some bits about how it was now being handled by a new bunch of Pan
    > People, who had decided to rewrite the whole app (in some new language),
    > and dropped a lot of the previous functionality. But apparently added
    > clicking munged links.
    >
    > Anyone else using a reader where the "hXXp" link above is clickable?

    Yes, XPN 1.2.6 but it also works with Pan 132 in "Jaunty".

    --
    This message was sent from a
    computer which is guaranteed

    William Poaster, Jul 31, 2009
  15. Steve wrote:

    > lid says...
    > <snip>
    >
    >> Anyone else using a reader where the "hXXp" link above is clickable?

    > Yep.

    That would be Gravity, then. Thanks.

    --
    -bts