    I think that I had heard that some on-line stores will ship a few days
    before the release date so that customer receive them on the release
    date. Can anyone recommend good on-line store where that will happen?

    Randy, Oct 22, 2003

  2. >
    > Well I made the mistake of ordering Matrix Reloaded as a "pre-order".
    > I have not yet seen this movie and have been waiting for it to be
    > released, which as you all know was Oct 14th. Well I received an email
    > from them on Oct 16th stating that my copy had been shipped on Oct
    > 15th. Today is Oct 22nd and I still have not received it!!!

    Columbia House is not where you want to go if you want to get the movie
    right away. The movie will reach you soon enough, they usually don't use
    priority.

    I use Columbia House for the sales they have a few times a year and of
    course getting those first few dirt cheap DVD's. But for usual high
    profile new releases I want to get right away, I go to the stores.

    Columbia House comes in handy when they have thier buy 1 at full price
    get unlimited at 50% off. I take that opportunity to fill in some holes
    in my collection (DVD's I've wanted to get but they are not priority).
    Also they usually have free shipping for more than 3 on sales like that.

    Mike

    Michael Rogers, Oct 22, 2003

  3. Randy

    Metro Bus Guest

    www.dvdpacific.com

    Metro Bus, Oct 23, 2003
  4. Randy

    Jim Fraas Guest

    I only joined INCE and I did not have to get ONE DVD at list price.
    How?
    The key number is 19.98.
    although their regular prices do tend to be list,when they do have a sale
    discs pricing at 19.98 or more when on sale count as a full price purchase.

    --
    There's only one hope left for the Star Trek movie franchise.
    It is a letter located between P and R in the alphabet.

    Jim Fraas, Oct 23, 2003
  5. "Randy" <Randy@?.com> wrote in message
    > I sure learned a lesson the hard way. Recently I joined Columbia House
    > DVD club. It seemed like a fair deal, a bunch of DVD's for 49 cents,
    > then buy 3 at regular price over three years and I'm done.
    >
    > Well I made the mistake of ordering Matrix Reloaded as a "pre-order".
    > I have not yet seen this movie and have been waiting for it to be
    > released, which as you all know was Oct 14th. Well I received an email
    > from them on Oct 16th stating that my copy had been shipped on Oct
    > 15th. Today is Oct 22nd and I still have not received it!!!
    >
    > I learned my lesson. I will purchase movies I really must see on their
    > release date from a local retailer.
    >
    > I think that I had heard that some on-line stores will ship a few days
    > before the release date so that customer receive them on the release
    > date. Can anyone recommend good on-line store where that will happen?

    I joined, cancelled, refused their request to reopen my account, joined
    again with a new account. Then they started Funcash and I just decided to
    keep the account open. Got $8 in Funcash now. :) Got Matrix 2 in the mail
    from CH the day after release

    Michael Walker, Oct 23, 2003
  6. Randy

    Cadet Grey Guest

    > I think that I had heard that some on-line stores will ship a few days
    > before the release date so that customer receive them on the release
    > date. Can anyone recommend good on-line store where that will happen?

    www.buy.com

    I always receive my new releases from them on the street date. (Once
    or twice I've even received them on the previous Friday or Saturday.)

    amazon.com is usually pretty fast, too. I usually receive DVD's on the
    Thursday or Friday after they've hit the stores ... the two or three day
    wait is worth the convenience of having them show up at my front door,
    for me anyway.

    - Grey

    Cadet Grey, Oct 23, 2003