Don't jaywalk in hawaii or we'll get you!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Brian, Apr 24, 2007.

  1. Brian

    Brian Guest

    Jaywalking has often been joked about as a silly crime and one that is
    rarely enforced. "I don't care if you bring him in on jaywalking charges",
    we've all most likely heard on various tv shows and movies.

    Jaywalking is a serious offense in Hawaii, as we have the highest death rate
    of pedestrians crossing the streets illegally. This is affected by the
    growing elderly population as well as some of the worst driving west of New
    Jersey.

    A campaign was started in the beginning of March to crack down on speeders
    and jaywalkers. Before the start of the campaign, 10 pedestrians were killed
    in 2007. Since the start of the campaign, the number has only gone up one.

    Since the start of the campaign, police have cited over 1500 vehicles for
    speeding and ticketed over 1700 jaywalking pedestrians. Jaywalking tickets
    are $70 to $80.

    Don't come to hawaii and jaywalk; if you do you'll be lucky if you get a
    ticket, and unfortunate if you get a free flight home in a cushy coffin.

    Brian, Apr 24, 2007

  2. Brian wrote:
    > Jaywalking has often been joked about as a silly crime and one that is
    > rarely enforced. "I don't care if you bring him in on jaywalking charges",
    > we've all most likely heard on various tv shows and movies.
    >
    > Jaywalking is a serious offense in Hawaii, as we have the highest death rate
    > of pedestrians crossing the streets illegally. This is affected by the
    > growing elderly population as well as some of the worst driving west of New
    > Jersey.
    >
    > A campaign was started in the beginning of March to crack down on speeders
    > and jaywalkers. Before the start of the campaign, 10 pedestrians were killed
    > in 2007. Since the start of the campaign, the number has only gone up one.
    >
    > Since the start of the campaign, police have cited over 1500 vehicles for
    > speeding and ticketed over 1700 jaywalking pedestrians. Jaywalking tickets
    > are $70 to $80.
    >
    > Don't come to hawaii and jaywalk; if you do you'll be lucky if you get a
    > ticket, and unfortunate if you get a free flight home in a cushy coffin.

    so... err... what?
    Should we mass at the borders?
    What does death rate have to do with anything?
    We have lots of people to die.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 25, 2007

  3. On 2007-04-24, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, R�g�r waxed eloquently:
    snip

    > so... err... what?
    > Should we mass at the borders?
    > What does death rate have to do with anything?
    > We have lots of people to die.

    Yeah, but being run over by some Kanaka bra' in a speeding Edsel is a
    particularly horrible way to go.

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    Man who arrives at party two hours late will find he has been beaten

    The Old Sourdough, Apr 25, 2007
  4. On 2007-04-24, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Brian waxed eloquently:
    > Jaywalking has often been joked about as a silly crime and one that is
    > rarely enforced. "I don't care if you bring him in on jaywalking charges",
    > we've all most likely heard on various tv shows and movies.
    >
    > Jaywalking is a serious offense in Hawaii, as we have the highest death rate
    > of pedestrians crossing the streets illegally.

    Kanakas figure if it says "Don't Walk", that means "run"..

    > This is affected by the growing elderly population as well as
    > some of the worst driving west of New Jersey.

    Hawaiian driving instructors are all ex-missionaries from Louisville, Kentucky.

    snip

    The Old Sourdough, Apr 25, 2007
  5. The Old Sourdough wrote:
    > On 2007-04-24, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, R�g�r waxed eloquently:
    > snip
    >

    >>so... err... what?
    >>Should we mass at the borders?
    >>What does death rate have to do with anything?
    >>We have lots of people to die.

    > Yeah, but being run over by some Kanaka bra' in a speeding Edsel is a
    > particularly horrible way to go.

    I hate getting run over by any type of bra, but an Edsel is unthinkable.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 25, 2007
  6. Brian

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Brian wrote:
    > Jaywalking has often been joked about as a silly crime and one that is
    > rarely enforced. "I don't care if you bring him in on jaywalking charges",
    > we've all most likely heard on various tv shows and movies.
    >
    > Jaywalking is a serious offense in Hawaii, as we have the highest death rate
    > of pedestrians crossing the streets illegally.

    now THAT's enforcement!!!!

    Rick Merrill, Apr 25, 2007
  7. Brian

    Dan Birchall Guest