    window pops up it is too late, I don't seem to be able to make the system
    revert to normal operation.

    The only solution I've found is to reset the machine. Any better?

    Rolf, Dec 8, 2008

  2. Rolf

    graham Guest

    On 2008-12-08 18:42:54 +0800, "Rolf" <> said:

    > I have a habit of holding down on the shift key at times, and when the info
    > window pops up it is too late, I don't seem to be able to make the system
    > revert to normal operation.
    >
    > The only solution I've found is to reset the machine. Any better?

    Are you talking about Windows? Holding down shift key? That means
    absolutely nothing, and you may hold it as long as the planet exists. I
    guess you may refer to StickyKeys which is activated by pressing shift
    for 5 times, but even this doesn't get that bad as you described. When
    the window pops out, just click Cancel. Doesn't that work on your
    computer?

    graham, Dec 8, 2008

  3. Rolf

    DNA Guest

    Re: Don't hold down the shift key too long! Oh, OK, thanks!

    Rolf <> wrote:
    > I have a habit of holding down on the shift key at times, and when
    > the info window pops up it is too late, I don't seem to be able to
    > make the system revert to normal operation.
    >
    > The only solution I've found is to reset the machine. Any better?

    I better reset my machine now. I was waiting for someone to email on the
    group with this question. Thanks.

    DNA, Dec 8, 2008
  4. Rolf

    Dan C Guest

    On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 11:42:54 +0100, Rolf wrote:

    > I have a habit of holding down on the shift key at times, and when the
    > info window pops up it is too late, I don't seem to be able to make the
    > system revert to normal operation.
    >
    > The only solution I've found is to reset the machine. Any better?

    Format your hard drive, you ignorant stooge.

    Dan C, Dec 8, 2008
  5. Rolf

    Rolf Guest

    "Rolf" <> skrev i melding
    >I have a habit of holding down on the shift key at times, and when the info
    >window pops up it is too late, I don't seem to be able to make the system
    >revert to normal operation.
    >
    > The only solution I've found is to reset the machine. Any better?

    What? Nobody able to answer that?

    Rolf, Dec 11, 2008
  6. Rolf

    Guest

    "Rolf" <> wrote:

    >"Rolf" <> skrev i melding
    >>I have a habit of holding down on the shift key at times, and when the info
    >>window pops up it is too late, I don't seem to be able to make the system
    >>revert to normal operation.
    >>
    >> The only solution I've found is to reset the machine. Any better?

    >What? Nobody able to answer that?

    The FilterKeys pop-up?

    I hold the shift key down a long time, while inserting CD's to bypass
    the autoplay/autoruns.

    I get the filterKeys pop-up, hit cancel and continue on.

    --

    I found him!
    http://i36.tinypic.com/rjimft.jpg

    , Dec 11, 2008