DON'T GORGE YOURSELF WITH THE TOTALLY DIGITAL D60!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Annika1980, Sep 4, 2008.

  1. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. On 9/4/2008 3:55 PM Annika1980 spake thus:

    This post is off-topic for this newsgroup, rec.photo.equipment.35mm,
    which is concerned with film cameras that use 35mm film, not digital
    cameras that look like 35mm SLRs.

    Please use an appropriate newsgroup for postings on digital cameras. One
    of the following groups would be a good place for such postings:

    rec.photo.digital
    rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
    rec.photo.digital.rangefinder
    rec.photo.digital.slr
    rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

    (Note that the list of groups available to you depends on what your ISP
    or news provider carries, and may differ from this list)

    - Paulo Freire
    David Nebenzahl, Sep 5, 2008

  3. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Sep 4, 7:00 pm, David Nebenzahl <> wrote:

    > This post is off-topic for this newsgroup, rec.photo.equipment.35mm,
    > which is concerned with film cameras that use 35mm film, not digital
    > cameras that look like 35mm SLRs.

    And why did you try to send replies to a different group?
    Is that cross-pollination not a breach of Netiquette?
    Annika1980, Sep 5, 2008
  4. Annika1980

    Mark Thomas Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:

    Bret, in this ontopic image taken through a 35mm lens on a 35mm-based
    body one thing intrigues me - what is that down at lower left?

    And a question for David Nebenzahl - do you have the guts to post your
    email address?

    Mine is real... Why isn't yours?
    Mark Thomas, Sep 5, 2008
  5. Annika1980

    Helen Guest

    Helen, Sep 5, 2008
  6. On 9/4/2008 4:09 PM Annika1980 spake thus:

    > On Sep 4, 7:00 pm, David Nebenzahl <> wrote:
    >
    >> This post is off-topic for this newsgroup, rec.photo.equipment.35mm,
    >> which is concerned with film cameras that use 35mm film, not digital
    >> cameras that look like 35mm SLRs.

    [snip gratuitously slipped-in image links]

    > And why did you try to send replies to a different group?
    > Is that cross-pollination not a breach of Netiquette?

    No; your cross-posting is.

    - Paulo Freire
    David Nebenzahl, Sep 5, 2008
  7. Annika1980

    ^Tems^ Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:
    > On Sep 4, 7:00 pm, David Nebenzahl <> wrote:
    >> This post is off-topic for this newsgroup, rec.photo.equipment.35mm,
    >> which is concerned with film cameras that use 35mm film, not digital
    >> cameras that look like 35mm SLRs.

    > And why did you try to send replies to a different group?
    > Is that cross-pollination not a breach of Netiquette?

    Just killfile the queer ****.
    I have him and Nuno Trollo killfiled and the groups are a lot cleaner.
    ^Tems^, Sep 5, 2008
  8. Annika1980

    Ray Fischer Guest

    David Nebenzahl <> wrote:
    >On 9/4/2008 3:55 PM Annika1980 spake thus:
    >
    >> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/102672563/original

    >This post is off-topic for this newsgroup, rec.photo.equipment.35mm,

    So, Mr. Sisyphus, how's that working out?

    --
    Ray Fischer
    Ray Fischer, Sep 5, 2008
  9. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Sep 4, 7:16 pm, Alan Browne <>
    wrote:
    > Annika1980 wrote:
    > >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/102672563/original

    > Nice.  Haven't you done this before?  ( hint ).

    How many times?

    Just one from today's lunch break.
    Post em while they're fresh, I say.
    Annika1980, Sep 5, 2008
  10. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Sep 4, 7:28 pm, Mark Thomas <markt@_don't_spam_marktphoto.com>
    wrote:
    > Annika1980 wrote:
    > >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/102672563/original

    > Bret, in this ontopic image taken through a 35mm lens on a 35mm-based
    > body one thing intrigues me - what is that down at lower left?

    It is the area that houses the water intake, where the water is
    gathered and pumped up to the man-made reservoir on top of the
    mountain.

    http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/95822997
    Annika1980, Sep 5, 2008
  11. Annika1980

    Draco Guest

    On Sep 4, 6:55 pm, Annika1980 <> wrote:

    NIce work Bret. Seems to be one of your favorite vantage points.

    Keep at it. One day I hope to pick up a DSLR and have it converted.
    But that is far in the future.

    Draco
    Draco, Sep 5, 2008
  12. Annika1980

    ransley Guest

    ransley, Sep 6, 2008
  13. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Sep 6, 2008
  14. Annika1980

    Helen Guest

    On Sep 4, 6:55 pm, Annika1980 <> wrote:

    I've tried to achieve this effect with IR film years ago, but I never
    came close to this. Very beautiful Bret. Those puffy white clouds
    showing great DOF, and excellent contrast and tones.
    Helen
    Helen, Sep 6, 2008