    refunded only 101.99 I had to pay for shipping to me, shipping to them and
    $18.00 Restocking Charge. Im Out the sun of $44.00 and have nothing to show
    for it. Beware of this Newegg.com
    Administrator Carl, Oct 1, 2006

  2. Administrator Carl

    Travis Guest

    If you didn't have to return and just used it it would of costed only
    129 still. Goodgod

    Travis, Oct 1, 2006

  3. Administrator Carl

    grappletech Guest

    Why didn't you keep the DVD burner? When a retailer accepts returns, they
    can't sell it as brand new anymore (so they lose money by having to
    discount it), so they have to charge restocking fees and of course you'll
    have to pay for shipping. Newegg's prices are dirt cheap. If they started
    offering all the benefits of Best Buy or Circuit City, their prices would
    go up.

    grappletech, Oct 1, 2006
  4. Administrator Carl

    JTJersey Guest

    On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 14:50:50 +0000, Administrator Carl wrote:

    > I bought a LiteOn Dvd Recorder for Newegg.com, It cost a total of $129.00 I
    > had to Pay additional $17.00 to return it. Cost total $144.00 I was
    > refunded only 101.99 I had to pay for shipping to me, shipping to them and
    > $18.00 Restocking Charge. Im Out the sun of $44.00 and have nothing to show
    > for it. Beware of this Newegg.com

    Why did you return it? Priority Mail at the post office should only have
    been about $5.00, not $17.00. If the item wasn't defective then, yes,
    they charge a restocking fee as the have to pay someone to check it,
    repack it and reinventory it. Such is the way of all mail order outlets.
    And why are you cross posting to 5 different new groups?
    JTJersey, Oct 1, 2006
  5. Administrator Carl

    Alex Clayton Guest

    "JTJersey" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 14:50:50 +0000, Administrator Carl wrote:
    >
    >> I bought a LiteOn Dvd Recorder for Newegg.com, It cost a total of $129.00
    >> had to Pay additional $17.00 to return it. Cost total $144.00 I was
    >> refunded only 101.99 I had to pay for shipping to me, shipping to them
    >> and
    >> $18.00 Restocking Charge. Im Out the sun of $44.00 and have nothing to
    >> show
    >> for it. Beware of this Newegg.com

    > Why did you return it? Priority Mail at the post office should only have
    > been about $5.00, not $17.00. If the item wasn't defective then, yes,
    > they charge a restocking fee as the have to pay someone to check it,
    > repack it and reinventory it. Such is the way of all mail order outlets.
    > And why are you cross posting to 5 different new groups?

    I had this same experience from them, and this IS NOT the way they all work.
    I bought an external drive. It was DOA. I had to pay the return shipping and
    a "restock" fee for their defective crap. I was so pissed about that, that I
    refused the delivery of the memory I had also ordered from them before I
    found out what crooks they are. That they "claimed" they never got back,
    even though UPS showed they had signed for it. I finally had the bank just
    take my money back from them (chargeback), and I will NEVER buy anything
    from them again. Their prices are very slightly cheaper on some things, but
    they have the attitude that you need them, they don't need you. I will not
    do business with someone like that. I bought the memory and drive from Wally
    on line. They work fine, and if you get a problem, you do not have to pay
    them to take it back.
    Moderation is for monks."

    [Lazarus Long]
    Alex Clayton, Oct 2, 2006
  6. Administrator Carl

    JTJersey Guest

    On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 06:44:05 -0700, Alex Clayton wrote:

    >> Why did you return it? Priority Mail at the post office should only
    >> have been about $5.00, not $17.00. If the item wasn't defective then,
    >> yes, they charge a restocking fee as the have to pay someone to check
    >> it, repack it and reinventory it. Such is the way of all mail order
    >> outlets. And why are you cross posting to 5 different new groups?
    >>

    > I had this same experience from them, and this IS NOT the way they all
    > work. I bought an external drive. It was DOA. I had to pay the return
    > shipping and a "restock" fee for their defective crap. I was so pissed
    > about that, that I refused the delivery of the memory I had also ordered
    > from them before I found out what crooks they are. That they "claimed"
    > they never got back, even though UPS showed they had signed for it. I
    > finally had the bank just take my money back from them (chargeback), and
    > I will NEVER buy anything from them again. Their prices are very
    > slightly cheaper on some things, but they have the attitude that you
    > need them, they don't need you. I will not do business with someone like
    > that. I bought the memory and drive from Wally on line. They work fine,
    > and if you get a problem, you do not have to pay them to take it back.

    No online dealer I'm aware of pays for return shipping nor do they refund
    your original shipping even if they accept the item with an RMA as being
    defective. I've had to RMA several items over the years and yes it's true
    that sometimes it's not cost effective to send it back on an inexpensive
    item. I've never encountered a restocking fee for a defective item
    including from NewEgg. Who is "Wally on line" by the way. I'm always
    looking for alternative sources.
    JTJersey, Oct 4, 2006
  7. Administrator Carl

    Alex Clayton Guest

    "JTJersey" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 06:44:05 -0700, Alex Clayton wrote:
    > No online dealer I'm aware of pays for return shipping nor do they refund
    > your original shipping even if they accept the item with an RMA as being
    > defective. I've had to RMA several items over the years and yes it's true
    > that sometimes it's not cost effective to send it back on an inexpensive
    > item. I've never encountered a restocking fee for a defective item
    > including from NewEgg. Who is "Wally on line" by the way. I'm always
    > looking for alternative sources.

    New to online buying? I have been doing it for about 6 years now. Wally is
    Wal-Mart. If you have a problem with something you buy from them you can
    either take it to any store and they refund the entire charge, including the
    shipping, or you can get a label from them to send it back at their expense.
    I don't know where you have been shopping but New Egg was the first place I
    had ever seen that did not offer a way to return it at their expense.
    Moderation is for monks."

    [Lazarus Long]
    Alex Clayton, Oct 4, 2006
  8. Administrator Carl

    JTJersey Guest

    On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 08:50:24 -0700, Alex Clayton wrote:

    > "JTJersey" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 06:44:05 -0700, Alex Clayton wrote: No online
    >> dealer I'm aware of pays for return shipping nor do they refund your
    >> original shipping even if they accept the item with an RMA as being
    >> defective. I've had to RMA several items over the years and yes it's
    >> true that sometimes it's not cost effective to send it back on an
    >> inexpensive item. I've never encountered a restocking fee for a
    >> defective item including from NewEgg. Who is "Wally on line" by the
    >> way. I'm always looking for alternative sources.
    >>

    > New to online buying? I have been doing it for about 6 years now. Wally
    > is Wal-Mart. If you have a problem with something you buy from them you
    > can either take it to any store and they refund the entire charge,
    > including the shipping, or you can get a label from them to send it back
    > at their expense. I don't know where you have been shopping but New Egg
    > was the first place I had ever seen that did not offer a way to return
    > it at their expense.

    Never heard of Wal-Mart refered to as Wally. I've got two of them within
    a mile of me which I patronize on occasion, but I'm not impressed with
    their online selection of computer hardware, which is what we were talking
    about and I've seen kids working at the local Wal-Marts take open returns
    and simply put them back on the shelf without even checking the contents.
    Come to think of it, I've seen that in Best Buy too. As far as returning
    items, NewEgg, Tiger Direct, Directron, Cyberguys, CircoTech, eDirect and
    Plycon (to name a few I've been dealing with over the last 8 years) do not
    refund shipping for returns of anykind. I suppose if you live near one of
    their outlets you could walk in a make the exchange.
    JTJersey, Oct 5, 2006
  9. Administrator Carl

    Alex Clayton Guest

    "JTJersey" <> wrote in message
    > Never heard of Wal-Mart refered to as Wally. I've got two of them within
    > a mile of me which I patronize on occasion, but I'm not impressed with
    > their online selection of computer hardware, which is what we were talking
    > about and I've seen kids working at the local Wal-Marts take open returns
    > and simply put them back on the shelf without even checking the contents.
    > Come to think of it, I've seen that in Best Buy too. As far as returning
    > items, NewEgg, Tiger Direct, Directron, Cyberguys, CircoTech, eDirect and
    > Plycon (to name a few I've been dealing with over the last 8 years) do not
    > refund shipping for returns of anykind. I suppose if you live near one of
    > their outlets you could walk in a make the exchange.

    People call it Wally world all the time as a joke. I love the place. I only
    tried New Egg because someone recommended it, never again. They were
    slightly cheaper, but hardly worth it. I have bought a few things from
    Amazon and the one thing I needed to return they had a set up to let you
    print a return label so they paid. From now on if I can get it at Wal-Mart,
    I don't care if they are a few bucks more, they will get my business.
    --
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin
    Franklin
    Alex Clayton, Oct 5, 2006
  10. Administrator Carl

    grappletech Guest

    JTJersey <> wrote in

    > On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 08:50:24 -0700, Alex Clayton wrote:
    >
    >> "JTJersey" <> wrote in message
    >>> On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 06:44:05 -0700, Alex Clayton wrote: No online
    >>> dealer I'm aware of pays for return shipping nor do they refund your
    >>> original shipping even if they accept the item with an RMA as being
    >>> defective. I've had to RMA several items over the years and yes
    >>> it's true that sometimes it's not cost effective to send it back on
    >>> an inexpensive item. I've never encountered a restocking fee for a
    >>> defective item including from NewEgg. Who is "Wally on line" by the
    >>> way. I'm always looking for alternative sources.
    >>>

    >> New to online buying? I have been doing it for about 6 years now.
    >> Wally is Wal-Mart. If you have a problem with something you buy from
    >> them you can either take it to any store and they refund the entire
    >> charge, including the shipping, or you can get a label from them to
    >> send it back at their expense. I don't know where you have been
    >> shopping but New Egg was the first place I had ever seen that did not
    >> offer a way to return it at their expense.

    > Never heard of Wal-Mart refered to as Wally. I've got two of them
    > within a mile of me which I patronize on occasion, but I'm not
    > impressed with their online selection of computer hardware, which is
    > what we were talking about and I've seen kids working at the local
    > Wal-Marts take open returns and simply put them back on the shelf
    > without even checking the contents. Come to think of it, I've seen
    > that in Best Buy too. As far as returning items, NewEgg, Tiger Direct,
    > Directron, Cyberguys, CircoTech, eDirect and Plycon (to name a few
    > I've been dealing with over the last 8 years) do not refund shipping
    > for returns of anykind. I suppose if you live near one of their
    > outlets you could walk in a make the exchange.

    I am from the San Francisco Bay Area, spefically Silicon Valley. We have a
    huge selection of large PC box stores like Comp USA (the Staples/Wal-Mart
    of computers), Fry's Electronics and others. Fry's is a trip. A lot of
    people hate Fry's! I bought my first real computer there. A 486DX4 66mhz
    system back in 1995. I had to install a CD-ROM/sound card in it. Paid
    $200(?) for it and installed Win'95 on it. If any of you are from the Bay
    Area, you'll know what I mean about the whole Fry's thing. I remember
    waiting in line at Fry's in the mid to late 90's (height of the internet
    bubble), and there'd be dudes in front of me buying 10 brand new HP Kayaks
    or so for their employees at their new internet upstart co's.
    www.mousepads.com........or www.pets.com,,,,,,,etc..........halcyon days of
    the late 90's in Silicon Valley.

    grappletech, Oct 6, 2006
  11. Administrator Carl

    Ritter197 Guest

    You should tell us WHY you returned it.Did not like it?
    Was it broke?

    Ritter197, Dec 7, 2006
  12. Administrator Carl

    Alex Clayton Guest

    "Ritter197" <> wrote in message
    > You should tell us WHY you returned it.Did not like it?
    > Was it broke?
    >
    > "Administrator Carl" <> wrote in message
    >>I bought a LiteOn Dvd Recorder for Newegg.com, It cost a total of $129.00
    >> had to Pay additional $17.00 to return it. Cost total $144.00 I was
    >> refunded only 101.99 I had to pay for shipping to me, shipping to them
    >> and
    >> $18.00 Restocking Charge. Im Out the sun of $44.00 and have nothing to
    >> show
    >> for it. Beware of this Newegg.com

    It's been too long since this threat started so I don't remember what the OP
    said. I had the same experience with these clowns though. I ordered an
    external HD. It came DOA. I had to pay to ship it back, and pay them to "re
    stock" it. So they re stock defective merchandise? I had already ordered
    some extra memory. When I found out about the charges to return their shit I
    called and told them to cancel the memory order. I had just placed it a
    couple hours before. They told me they could not cancel it. When it showed
    up I refused it. The tracking showed they got it back, but then they claimed
    they never did, and they were not going to give me my money back. That time
    I just did a chargeback and took the money back from them. Never again will
    I even consider ordering anything from them.
    --
    Welfare is NOT a Birthright.
    Alex Clayton, Dec 8, 2006
  13. On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 19:02:46 -0800, "Alex Clayton" <> wrote:

    >That time
    >I just did a chargeback and took the money back from them. Never again will
    >I even consider ordering anything from them.

    I'm sure NewEgg will be glad to hear that.
    Serving idiots is not a path to profit
    SteveinAmerica, Dec 8, 2006
  14. Administrator Carl

    Barney Guest

    SteveinAmerica wrote:
    > On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 19:02:46 -0800, "Alex Clayton" <> wrote:
    >

    >>That time
    >>I just did a chargeback and took the money back from them. Never again will
    >>I even consider ordering anything from them.

    > I'm sure NewEgg will be glad to hear that.
    > Serving idiots is not a path to profit

    I like NewEgg myself. Never had a problem and I build and
    service systems for a living.
    Barney, Dec 8, 2006
  15. Administrator Carl

    Alex Clayton Guest

    "SteveinAmerica" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 19:02:46 -0800, "Alex Clayton" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>That time
    >>I just did a chargeback and took the money back from them. Never again
    >>will
    >>I even consider ordering anything from them.

    > I'm sure NewEgg will be glad to hear that.
    > Serving idiots is not a path to profit

    ROTFLMAO!!
    --
    Stupidity should be painful
    Alex Clayton, Dec 8, 2006
  16. Administrator Carl

    Alex Clayton Guest

    "Barney" <> wrote in message
    > SteveinAmerica wrote:
    >> On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 19:02:46 -0800, "Alex Clayton" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>That time I just did a chargeback and took the money back from them.
    >>>Never again will I even consider ordering anything from them.

    >> I'm sure NewEgg will be glad to hear that.
    >> Serving idiots is not a path to profit

    > I like NewEgg myself. Never had a problem and I build and service systems
    > for a living.

    People like you are why I tried them. I heard they were great. The price
    after comparing around was slightly cheaper than any one else I looked at.
    That price comes with a high cost, if you have a problem. I am just a home
    consumer, I don't buy stuff on a weekly basis. if you are buying several K
    of stuff a month then it's probably worth it. If you get a problem you may
    still be ahead. For me, I bought the memory and the external HD from
    Wal-mart on line. I paid a total of something close to $5.00 more for them
    from Wally. They both worked fine, so no problem. The difference is if Wally
    had sent me a DOA HD I would have had at least 2 choices to make it right. I
    could send it back to them at their expense, or take it into any Wal-Mart
    and get my money including the shipping, back. The difference is one place
    is looking to keep customers happy long term, the other (NewEgg) figures if
    they piss off a few people here and there they could care less. That's fine
    as long as you are not un lucky enough to be the one who gets screwed over
    by them trying to save a couple bucks.
    --
    Welfare is NOT a Birthright.
    Alex Clayton, Dec 8, 2006