Don't buy Battlestar Galactica S1 at Best Buy!!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Stan Jensen, Jul 21, 2005.

  1. Stan Jensen

    Stan Jensen Guest

    You'll miss out....

    From The Digital Bits....

    we finally have official word from Universal on the DVD release of
    Battlestar Galactica: Season One. As many of you know, the 4-disc U.K.
    DVD release of the complete first season (all 13 episodes) has been
    reformatted for NTSC and will be available exclusively at Best Buy
    stores next Tuesday (7/26 - SRP $49.99). Video is anamorphic
    widescreen with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio, and extras on the U.K./Best
    Buy release include 50 minutes of deleted scenes.

    BUT... if you can wait a couple of months... the OFFICIAL U.S. release
    of Battlestar Galactica: Season One will be widely available from
    Universal on 9/20 (SRP $59.98) and the 5-disc set promises to be well
    worth the wait. Not only will you get all 13 hour-long episodes in
    anamorphic widescreen video with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio, and the 50
    minutes of deleted scenes, you'll get a lot more as well. Disc One
    will include the complete 4-hour TV miniseries with the previously
    released audio commentary with director Michael Rymer and executive
    producers David Eick and Ron Moore. Discs 2-5 will feature many
    additional episodes with optional audio commentary (by various
    combinations of Rymer, Eick and Moore) including the Pilot, Bastille
    Day, Act of Contrition, You Can't Go Home Again, Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me
    Down, The Hand of God, Colonial Day, Kobol's Last Gleaming: Part 1 and
    Kobol's Last Gleaming: Part 2 (we believe these include all of the
    podcast commentaries that have been available on SciFi.com). Disc 5
    will also include a behind-the-scenes featurette, the aforementioned
    deleted scenes, a gallery of production sketches and artwork, a
    Battlestar Galactica Series Lowdown featurette and 1 of 3 collectible
    trading cards. The cover artwork will be different that the U.K./Best
    Buy art (which we've shown previously here) - you'll find the new art
    below. So now at least we know why there's been a delay. The U.S.
    release will feature MUCH more bonus material than the U.K./Best Buy
    edition.

    Stan Jensen, Jul 21, 2005

  2. There was really an episode called "Tigh Me Up. Tigh Me Down"??

    Is this the old BG or the new one?

    John

    The Man Behind The Curtain, Jul 21, 2005

  3. Stan Jensen

    Justin Guest

    The Man Behind The Curtain wrote on [Thu, 21 Jul 2005 17:04:08 GMT]:
    > There was really an episode called "Tigh Me Up. Tigh Me Down"??
    >
    > Is this the old BG or the new one?

    Well... yes.

    Justin, Jul 21, 2005
  4. Stan Jensen

    Biz Guest

    This is the nw BG currently on SCI-FI. The XO's name is Tigh.

    Biz, Jul 21, 2005
  5. Stan Jensen

    Allan Guest

    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3734

    Battlestar Galactica - Full-Sized Art
    Posted by Gord Lacey

    We only had a small thumbnail to show you when Battlestar Galactica
    was announced yesterday, but now we have the full-sized art! Take a
    look below:

    - Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

    Allan, Jul 21, 2005
  6. Stan Jensen

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <2go.com>, Justin
    <> wrote:

    > The Man Behind The Curtain wrote on [Thu, 21 Jul 2005 17:04:08 GMT]:
    > > There was really an episode called "Tigh Me Up. Tigh Me Down"??
    > >
    > > Is this the old BG or the new one?

    > Well... yes.

    I hope the sex scenes were as good as the ones in the movie :)

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

    Invid Fan, Jul 21, 2005
  7. Stan Jensen

    Tarkus Guest

    On 7/21/2005 3:12:29 PM, Allan wrote:

    > http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3734
    >
    > Battlestar Galactica - Full-Sized Art
    > Posted by Gord Lacey
    >
    > We only had a small thumbnail to show you when Battlestar Galactica
    > was announced yesterday, but now we have the full-sized art! Take a
    > look below:

    Heh. Olmos isn't very photogenic, I guess. ;)
    --
    "I want your blood. And I want your soul.
    And I want them both right now!"

    Now playing: the radio.

    Tarkus, Jul 22, 2005
  8. Justin wrote:
    > The Man Behind The Curtain wrote on [Thu, 21 Jul 2005 17:04:08 GMT]:
    >
    >>There was really an episode called "Tigh Me Up. Tigh Me Down"??
    >>
    >>Is this the old BG or the new one?

    > Well... yes.

    That sure answered my question. Thanks for straightening that out,
    Justin. :-/

    John

    The Man Behind The Curtain, Jul 23, 2005
  9. I don't really care about the extras, and I already have the miniseries dvd.

    Michael Walker, Jul 23, 2005
  10. Stan Jensen

    Jordan Guest

    So the question is are the UK episodes extended or are they the same
    cut as the US release? Since the UK allows for -ahem- "nipply bits"
    while the US version would be burned at a stake for even hinting and
    something pink or convex it would be nice to know how long each episode
    runs in both versions.

    - Jordan

    Jordan, Jul 24, 2005
  11. Stan Jensen

    manitou Guest

    PING JOHN SHOCKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Was: Don't buy BattlestarGalactica S1 at Best Buy!!)

    Jordan wrote:

    > So the question is are the UK episodes extended or are they the same
    > cut as the US release? Since the UK allows for -ahem- "nipply bits"
    > while the US version would be burned at a stake for even hinting and
    > something pink or convex it would be nice to know how long each episode
    > runs in both versions.

    Male or female 'nipply bits' ..........?

    C.

    manitou, Jul 24, 2005
  12. Stan Jensen

    Jordan Guest

    Re: PING JOHN SHOCKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Was: Don't buy Battlestar Galactica S1 at Best Buy!!)

    Since you can see male nipply bits in razor commercials on US
    television that's not the issue. :^) Damn prudes... serves us right for
    having a country founded by religious extremists.

    - Jordan

    Jordan, Jul 24, 2005
  13. Stan Jensen

    jayembee Guest

    On 24 Jul 2005 14:48:48 -0700, "Jordan" <> wrote:

    > So the question is are the UK episodes extended or are they the same
    > cut as the US release?

    Same as the US release, except for slight changes in the theme music.

    > Since the UK allows for -ahem- "nipply bits" while the US version
    > would be burned at a stake for even hinting and something pink or
    > convex it would be nice to know how long each episode
    > runs in both versions.

    Don't get your hopes up. The naked Boomers aren't any more naked in the
    UK airings.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jul 25, 2005
  14. Stan Jensen

    where Guest

    Re: PING JOHN SHOCKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Was: Don't buy Battlestar Galactica S1 at Best Buy!!)

    Female of course...unless you are "shocked"

    where, Jul 25, 2005