    1000 HX and this computer is the worse purchase decision that I have
    ever made. Fair warning!

    -Paul Broadway

    Sparky, Mar 15, 2007

  2. Sparky

    grappletech Guest

    >>my old Tandy 1000 HX

    I had one of those. My grandmother bought it for me off of Fingerhut (I
    think). It had a 8088 cpu@4mhz, no hard drive, no mouse. It did have the
    3.5" floppy which was kinda cool compared to the 5.25" floppy drives. I
    was rather limited in the software I could run on it, since it had no HD.
    My friend bought a 386DX, and I was salivating over it.

    grappletech, Mar 15, 2007

  3. Sparky

    Paul Guest

    Sparky wrote:
    > bought a Compaq/HP SR2150NX on 1/31/07. It is the slowest, most
    > unreliable, and just poor quality machine that I have ever purchased.
    > I lodged a complaint with the Silicon Valley Better Business Bureau
    > regarding this machine. If you bought a SR2150NX, you should also
    > file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of Silicon Valley.
    > If enough people file, they will have to do something about their
    > horrid machine. I have owned a personal computer since my old Tandy
    > 1000 HX and this computer is the worse purchase decision that I have
    > ever made. Fair warning!
    >
    > -Paul Broadway

    I don't think my previous post went through. Basically, the problem is
    you have a computer with 512MB of memory, combined with Vista. Perhaps a
    "golden oldie" like WinXP would work better. Or, prepare to shell out
    for more RAM.

    http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.aspx?i=2917&p=3

    The Celeron is running at 3.33GHz and has 512KB of cache. That
    shouldn't really be any worse than a 3GHz P4.

    Paul

    Paul, Mar 16, 2007
  4. Sparky

    JTJersey Guest

    On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 12:32:22 -0700, Sparky wrote:

    > bought a Compaq/HP SR2150NX on 1/31/07. It is the slowest, most
    > unreliable, and just poor quality machine that I have ever purchased.
    > I lodged a complaint with the Silicon Valley Better Business Bureau
    > regarding this machine. If you bought a SR2150NX, you should also
    > file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of Silicon Valley.
    > If enough people file, they will have to do something about their
    > horrid machine. I have owned a personal computer since my old Tandy
    > 1000 HX and this computer is the worse purchase decision that I have
    > ever made. Fair warning!
    >
    > -Paul Broadway

    It's not Compaq, it's Microsoft. Welcome to Vista.

    --
    Registered Linux User #267152

    JTJersey, Mar 17, 2007
  5. Sparky

    uzi9mmauto

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Compaq / HP SR2150NX (RR790AA) XP Drivers Download

    :beerglas: =
    I'm Glad You mentioned how Windows XP would help. Indeed I found a Website Solely for this Model with EVERY Windows XP Drivers for Download. w w w.xp4compaq.webs.com Everything does work as they DO have every XP driver for the PC. Why the Compaq didn't do this is beyond me.
    :star:

    uzi9mmauto, Jan 1, 2011