    Is it worth buying this? I love the movie and I have the standard release. I
    don't know how it can be improved story-wise. How are the commentaries?
    Thanks.

    Frohike, Feb 20, 2005

  2. Frohike

    Joe S Guest

    Frohike wrote:
    > Is it worth buying this? I love the movie and I have the standard release. I
    > don't know how it can be improved story-wise. How are the commentaries?
    > Thanks.

    The commentaries are a necessity for a person who really likes this
    movie, and thinks they may understand it, but would like to hear what
    the director was going for. He doesn't spell out *everything*, but tells
    alot.

    --
    Joe

    Joe S, Feb 21, 2005

  3. Frohike

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <VTYRd.1790$>,
    "Frohike" <> wrote:

    > Is it worth buying this? I love the movie and I have the standard release. I
    > don't know how it can be improved story-wise. How are the commentaries?
    > Thanks.

    I would recommend it, BUT only to people who love the movie(such as you
    and me). It's not really designed for the average person who likes the
    movie, but doesn't "love it" per se. The Director's Cut tries to explain
    what's going on a bit more than the theatrical cut and this is both a
    good thing and a bad thing. If you found the theatrical cut overly
    confusing, you'll definitely enjoy this cut. But honestly, this new cut
    is not improvement over the original one IMO. As for the commentaries,
    well let's just say Kevin Smith of all people is on the commentary
    track(along with the director) and that's worth the cost of owning the
    disc all by it's lonesome. Kevin Smith is a huge fan of the movie and
    spends the commentary asking the director the same questions your
    typical fan of the movie would. What's also nice about the disc is that
    none of the special features from the original disc were carried over.
    So just make sure you hold onto the theatrical cut DVD. But yes, you
    should go ahead and pick it up. You'll enjoy it, I think.

    Black Locust, Feb 21, 2005
  4. Frohike

    Frohike Guest

    Thanks, guys. You've convinced me to buy it. Peace!

    Frohike, Feb 22, 2005
  5. Frohike

    Rick Guest

    "Black Locust" <> wrote in message
    > In article <VTYRd.1790$>,
    > "Frohike" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Is it worth buying this? I love the movie and I have the standard
    >> release. I
    >> don't know how it can be improved story-wise. How are the commentaries?
    >> Thanks.

    > I would recommend it, BUT only to people who love the movie(such as you
    > and me). It's not really designed for the average person who likes the
    > movie, but doesn't "love it" per se. The Director's Cut tries to explain
    > what's going on a bit more than the theatrical cut and this is both a
    > good thing and a bad thing. If you found the theatrical cut overly
    > confusing, you'll definitely enjoy this cut. But honestly, this new cut
    > is not improvement over the original one IMO. As for the commentaries,
    > well let's just say Kevin Smith of all people is on the commentary
    > track(along with the director) and that's worth the cost of owning the
    > disc all by it's lonesome. Kevin Smith is a huge fan of the movie and
    > spends the commentary asking the director the same questions your
    > typical fan of the movie would. What's also nice about the disc is that
    > none of the special features from the original disc were carried over.
    > So just make sure you hold onto the theatrical cut DVD. But yes, you
    > should go ahead and pick it up. You'll enjoy it, I think.
    > --
    > "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we.
    > They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our
    > people,
    > and neither do we." - George Dumbya Bush

    Think of it as a companion piece to the original version.

    Rick, Feb 23, 2005