done with MCDST.... Advice to all young IT Pros

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Ike, Aug 15, 2007.

  1. Ike

    Ike Guest

    Thank you guys for the great posts and help you give everyone.

    finished 70-271 with 833, and 70-272 with score 890.

    Microsoft press was helpful in both.

    I am still debating if I should proceed to MCSA or upgrade to Vista. main
    thing now is to find a different job.

    Hint to all young Pros. do not be as stupid as I am. I have 10 years of
    experience, so good at what I do, even support other techs, and nothing to
    show for it except A+and MCP. now my company is losing a big contract, I go
    out to find a job, nobody wants to pay for my experience without
    certifications. everybody asking for 0-2 years experience for field techs,
    and most promote within for level 2 or project leaders.

    I loved my job and got too comfortable, gave me a car, did not have to go to
    the office, slow days mean stay at home. now married with kids makes it
    harder to finish those certifications.

    good luck to all
    Ike

    Ike, Aug 15, 2007

  2. Ike

    djpimpdaddy Guest

    On Aug 15, 3:05 pm, "Ike" <> wrote:
    > Thank you guys for the great posts and help you give everyone.
    >
    > finished 70-271 with 833, and 70-272 with score 890.
    >
    > Microsoft press was helpful in both.
    >
    > I am still debating if I should proceed to MCSA or upgrade to Vista. main
    > thing now is to find a different job.
    >
    > Hint to all young Pros. do not be as stupid as I am. I have 10 years of
    > experience, so good at what I do, even support other techs, and nothing to
    > show for it except A+and MCP. now my company is losing a big contract, I go
    > out to find a job, nobody wants to pay for my experience without
    > certifications. everybody asking for 0-2 years experience for field techs,
    > and most promote within for level 2 or project leaders.
    >
    > I loved my job and got too comfortable, gave me a car, did not have to go to
    > the office, slow days mean stay at home. now married with kids makes it
    > harder to finish those certifications.
    >
    > good luck to all
    > Ike

    Great job man. You beat me and scored higher than I in both! Let me me
    know how the Vista upgrade is if you go that way. I went the other way
    and have since taken the XP client test(70-270). That test SUCKED. I
    thought that after the MCDST it would be easy and review but after
    reading the MS Press book I was surprised at just how much further
    down the rabbit hole actually went. Am half way to 70-290 with fingers
    crossed. I am trying to use the new skills I use at my job instead of
    just memorizing them.

    I will soak in your hard earned career advise. I am eyeballing a job
    change as well. I wish we had more "wise" people like you around. (not
    implying that you are old of course....just experienced). It seems
    that we have an abundance of wise-@sses here instead [looking in kat's
    direcetion and winking = ) ]

    Pimp

    djpimpdaddy, Aug 15, 2007

  3. Congratulations Ike!!! That's fantastic news! I hope I can pass both tests
    and get the MCDST as well. I plan on taking and passing the 70-270 to get
    the MCSA cert as well. Then I will have to work on Vista.

    Good luck with your job search. I hope you find something that makes you
    happy.

    Sandy
    MCP
    Network +

    Sandythegeek2, Aug 16, 2007
  4. Congrats - I just paseed 70-271 and 70-272 , 950, and a 1000 (I still do not
    believe that) - one day apart

    IT is, in many ways like becoming a Lawyer, you have to 'pay your dues' as
    an apprentice (a Lawyer has to 'Clerk') to get the good jobs - and even more
    than this do not forget to HAVE A LIFE away from the keyboard

    As well as trying to decide WHAT to do, LIVE

    James Stoddard, Aug 17, 2007
  5. Ike

    Lnkwizard2 Guest

    "James Stoddard" <> wrote in message
    > Congrats - I just paseed 70-271 and 70-272 , 950, and a 1000 (I still do
    > not believe that) - one day apart
    >

    > IT is, in many ways like becoming a Lawyer, you have to 'pay your dues' as
    > an apprentice (a Lawyer has to 'Clerk') to get the good jobs - and even
    > more than this do not forget to HAVE A LIFE away from the keyboard

    What is this HAVE A LIFE you speak of? There is
    nothing more important that the almighty keyboard
    and the many virtual worlds where one can spend
    multiple hours of enjoyment without having to interact
    face-to-face with others in this so called "real world".

    Lnkwizard2, Aug 20, 2007