    basement. They are useless I would think and all incomplete (missing drives
    and such). Does anybody recycle old pc equipment?

    Thanks in advance

    Diane, Jan 28, 2004

  2. Diane

    Boomer Guest

    Diane, <> wrote:

    > Hello
    > Is there a place where we can donate/recycle all of our old
    > computer equipment? They are just old 286's that my husband has
    > kept around in the basement. They are useless I would think and
    > all incomplete (missing drives and such). Does anybody recycle
    > old pc equipment?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    What city? What country?
    Have you looked in your phone book for recycling etc.?

    Boomer, Jan 28, 2004

  3. Diane

    Harrison Guest

    There are many such places, but it would be helpful to know what city,
    state, province, or country you are in?

    Harrison, Jan 28, 2004
  4. Diane

    SgtMinor Guest

    If you happen to be in New York, this may be of interest:
    http://www.microweb.com/pepsite/Recycle/NewYork.html

    If you live elsewhere try a google search with the words computer
    recycling my location.

    Many businesses use a 3, 4, or 5-year replacement schedule for
    computers, meaning that many Pentium II and III, and some P4 machines
    are being recycled. The demand for anything older than that is
    limited. If you can't find an agency that will recycle the system, you
    may have to pay to properly dispose of it. The disposal problem is even
    worse for CRTs.

    SgtMinor, Jan 29, 2004
  5. Rafael Montano, Jan 30, 2004