Dominion Vs Exorcist:TB :-DVD

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by James Cortez Jr., Nov 16, 2005.

  1. Hi Dvders.,

    Thanks to the dvd format and a small
    theatrical run (Against "Sith" out of all
    movies to open against!) and thanks to
    Morgan Creek. "Dominion:The Prequel
    To The Exorcist" finally is here.

    Now that there is 2 versions of a Exorcist
    prequel and in 2 different versions and in
    2 different aspect ratios (Dominion in
    1.85,Exorcist:The Begining in 2.35) and
    2 different directors:paul Schrader a filmaker and Renny Harlin a
    moviemaker.

    The big question is this: Which version is
    your favorite?

    My Pick:Dominion. Have Fun Posting.
    Don't Think About It Too Much.
    It May Make Your Head Spin
    (Inside "Exorcist" Joke).
    James Cortez Jr. Nov.16th.,2005/Wed.

    P.S. Here a funny postscript if they
    ever release a box set of
    "The Exorcist Trilogy"
    1. Dominion:The Prequel To The Exorcist
    2. The Exorcist (Which I would be happy
    to call "Exorcist II" anyday.) or
    The Exorcist:The Version You Haven't
    Seen.
    3. Exorcist III (aka Exorcist III:Legion).
    Which would make a true trilogy.

    or 'The Exorcist Quadrilogy".
    1. Exorcist:The Begining Or
    Dominion:The Prequel To The
    Exorcist. (Your choice or preference.).
    2. The Exorcist or
    The Exorcist:The Version You Haven't
    Seen.
    3. The Exorcist II:The Heretic (Which
    would become "Exorcist III" or
    banished to video hell and never
    existed.).
    4. Exorcist III (Would become
    "Exorcist IV:Legion. Where a Legion
    of it's fans would be protesting
    with Gemini marks.).

    Please pray for us that there is never a
    another prequel,sequel.remake/update,
    director's/producer's cut. But if there another "Exorcist" how about a
    spoof
    called "Exorcist 5,Devil 0".

    "We won. Now set me free."-
    from "Exorcist III". :-JCJ

    Because your lovingkindness is better than life,
    my lips shall praise you. Psalm 63:3

    :-KaLunaKimo (TheBossJames) 2005.

    James Cortez Jr., Nov 16, 2005

  2. James Cortez Jr.

    Morgan Guest

    "James Cortez Jr." <> wrote in message
    > Hi Dvders.,
    >
    > Thanks to the dvd format and a small
    > theatrical run (Against "Sith" out of all
    > movies to open against!) and thanks to
    > Morgan Creek. "Dominion:The Prequel
    > To The Exorcist" finally is here.
    >
    > Now that there is 2 versions of a Exorcist
    > prequel and in 2 different versions and in
    > 2 different aspect ratios (Dominion in
    > 1.85,Exorcist:The Begining in 2.35) and
    > 2 different directors:paul Schrader a filmaker and Renny Harlin a
    > moviemaker.
    >
    > The big question is this: Which version is
    > your favorite?
    >
    > My Pick:Dominion. Have Fun Posting.
    > Don't Think About It Too Much.
    > It May Make Your Head Spin
    > (Inside "Exorcist" Joke).
    > James Cortez Jr. Nov.16th.,2005/Wed.
    >
    > P.S. Here a funny postscript if they
    > ever release a box set of
    > "The Exorcist Trilogy"
    > 1. Dominion:The Prequel To The Exorcist
    > 2. The Exorcist (Which I would be happy
    > to call "Exorcist II" anyday.) or
    > The Exorcist:The Version You Haven't
    > Seen.
    > 3. Exorcist III (aka Exorcist III:Legion).
    > Which would make a true trilogy.
    >
    > or 'The Exorcist Quadrilogy".
    > 1. Exorcist:The Begining Or
    > Dominion:The Prequel To The
    > Exorcist. (Your choice or preference.).
    > 2. The Exorcist or
    > The Exorcist:The Version You Haven't
    > Seen.
    > 3. The Exorcist II:The Heretic (Which
    > would become "Exorcist III" or
    > banished to video hell and never
    > existed.).
    > 4. Exorcist III (Would become
    > "Exorcist IV:Legion. Where a Legion
    > of it's fans would be protesting
    > with Gemini marks.).
    >
    > Please pray for us that there is never a
    > another prequel,sequel.remake/update,
    > director's/producer's cut. But if there another "Exorcist" how about a
    > spoof
    > called "Exorcist 5,Devil 0".
    >
    > "We won. Now set me free."-
    > from "Exorcist III". :-JCJ
    >
    > Because your lovingkindness is better than life,
    > my lips shall praise you. Psalm 63:3
    >
    > :-KaLunaKimo (TheBossJames) 2005.

    I thought they were both okay, but Dominion was clearly more superior to The
    Beginning (even with the crappy CGI). But in watching Dominion, I
    completely understood the studio's reservations about the film. It wasn't
    scary enough to be a horror film, too much (fantasy/supernatural?) to be a
    straightforward drama, and not thrilling enough to be a thriller. The
    Begining had some scary moments, but the overall story was too flawed to
    really get into. I kept wondering how the actors felt having to do another
    version of the same not-so-hot film; mainly Stellan SkarsgÄrd, who, I
    thought, did the best he could with the material given to him. My big gripe
    with The Beginning is it's continuity to the other film(s). The original
    film stated he was in Africa and performed an exorcism on a young boy that
    nearly killed him. The Beginning looked like it was going that direction
    and just throws it way. It negates the other film(s) and I found that, in a
    wierd way, disrespectful. The interesting thing that happened was that
    after I watched the two films, the next day I saw on CNN that a church was
    found buried in Israel believed to be from about 300 AD. I'm not religious,
    but that was sort of freaky. The same thing happened after watching Jaws, a
    week later there was something like 2 or 3 shark attacks in the U.S. Maybe
    I shouldn't watch anymore films...

    Morgan

    Morgan, Nov 16, 2005

  3. "Morgan" <> wrote in message
    > The interesting thing that happened was that after I watched the two
    > films, the next day I saw on CNN that a church was found buried in Israel
    > believed to be from about 300 AD. I'm not religious, but that was sort of
    > freaky. The same thing happened after watching Jaws, a week later there
    > was something like 2 or 3 shark attacks in the U.S. Maybe I shouldn't
    > watch anymore films...
    >
    > Morgan

    "Last night I was playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full house and
    four people died." - Steve Wright

    The Man With No Name, Nov 16, 2005
  4. James Cortez Jr.

    Morgan Guest

    "The Man With No Name" <> wrote in message

    > "Morgan" <> wrote in message
    >> The interesting thing that happened was that after I watched the two
    >> films, the next day I saw on CNN that a church was found buried in Israel
    >> believed to be from about 300 AD. I'm not religious, but that was sort
    >> of freaky. The same thing happened after watching Jaws, a week later
    >> there was something like 2 or 3 shark attacks in the U.S. Maybe I
    >> shouldn't watch anymore films...
    >>
    >> Morgan

    > "Last night I was playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full house and
    > four people died." - Steve Wright

    Well, I also watched Charlotte's Web and found a dead spider in my fridge
    (next to the bacon). Mmmm...unexplained bacon...

    Morgan

    Morgan, Nov 17, 2005