    the domain name could be grabbed by somebody else......

    If this is the case how do i prevent that from happening?

    Many thanks

    anOLDun, May 25, 2005

  2. anOLDun wrote:
    > Lo All
    >
    > Not sure what info you need so i'll just say what it is i need clarifying
    > and take it from there.
    >
    > I want to transfer a domain from one host to another.
    >
    > I know i need to get the domain unlocked before i can transfer it.
    >
    > HOWEVER..i have heard that when the domain is unlocked it is possible that
    > the domain name could be grabbed by somebody else......
    >
    > If this is the case how do i prevent that from happening?
    >
    > Many thanks

    I tend to leave these things to the new hosting company. Let them sort
    it out.

    Jeroen

    Jeroen Wijnands, May 25, 2005

  3. anOLDun

    pcbutts1 Guest

    They can only grab it if it has expired. If it has then you have, I think,
    75 days to reclaim it. If you do not them someone can grab it. As far as
    transferring it all you have to do is change your NS to your new numbers
    which is done through your registrar.

    --

    I am the real pcbutts1. Trolls can forge my name
    but not my headers, check them to be sure.

    pcbutts1, May 25, 2005
  4. anOLDun

    anOLDun Guest

    Hi Jeroen

    The proposed hosting company say they can only move forward when the domain
    is unlocked.

    I emailed them and asked them the question i posted here.their reply was and
    i quote......

    "I cannot promise that the domain will not be taken by someone else but i
    am sure the domains will be fine. If you send me the relevent info needed on
    your reply i can do it straight away. When the domains are unlocked that
    is."

    I can't go forward with a <snip> " ......but i am sure the domains will be
    fine"

    I need to be certain that the domain is "protected".

    anOLDun, May 25, 2005
  5. anOLDun

    Plato Guest

    anOLDun wrote:

    > I want to transfer a domain from one host to another.
    > I know i need to get the domain unlocked before i can transfer it.

    Unlock, then transfer to the new DNS's in the same five minutes.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, May 26, 2005